Paypal Computer Problems

zazth

The last few days have been a coin buyers' nightmare for me. Tuesday I won an item on ebay and attempted to pay for it with my Paypal credit card. At the end of the transaction I was told that the transaction failed. I tried again and again and again with the same outcome. I checked my account and it showed no new activity so I called the 1800 number.

The operator told me the three extra charges would fall off of my account over night and that the new charge was in the system. She said the seller would receive their money within 24 hours, if not sooner. I was not really confident in her answer and asked for a manager. She claimed to be the highest ranking person there.

The made a few more purchases (time sensitive) hoping she was right and they would go through but still uncertain so I called back. I got a different operator but she too assured me that my purchases would go through. She even read off all the trasactions and the amounts from her computer.

Wednesday morning, no changes and my buyers had not seen any payments. I called back. The man on the phone tells me that they are experiencing computer problems that should be fixed in 48 hours, that's 72 hours from the beginning of the problem. All the valid transactions he says will go through, the duplicates will be deleted.

Thursday, this morning still no changes! AHH but now my husband is receiving an e-mail from paypal saying his monthly coin club subscrition has been cancelled because he lacks back up funding???? He uses our bank account and a credit card backup. Both are valid and in good standing. When I called today I was told ALL my transactions were cancelled. The girl apologized but stated that she could not do anything about it. I was able to complete payment for my ebay purchase and pick up three of the coins I had tried to pay for previously. Sadly one of them is now sold out and I can not purchase it as a set.

Are we the only ones having a problem with Paypal?

I have been receiving paypal payments without anyone saying they have had any issues.

On a side note, has anyone been using or tried Google Checkout? I haven't but was thinking about adding it as another option.

I have used google checkout numerous times and have not had a single problem.

As already stated it could be the Paypal credit card that's blinking out. I've made a few Paypal payments yesterday and they have been confirmed without a hitch.... but then I have Paypal deduct from either my bank account or my back up credit card, NOT the PayPal credit card. It's no consolation for your frustration, though. Sorry. :rolleyes::laughing:

As already stated it could be the Paypal credit card that's blinking out. I've made a few Paypal payments yesterday and they have been confirmed without a hitch.... but then I have Paypal deduct from either my bank account or my back up credit card, NOT the PayPal credit card. It's no consolation for your frustration, though. Sorry. :laughing::rolleyes:

I have a Paypal credit card which I have been using for a month with no issue and then TUESDAY....

My husband has his coming straight from our account with a backup and got the wierd little "you have no back up funding" message, your transaction has been cancelled. I've been doing the online buying thing for a little over month and I am now concerned as to how to go about my online transactions. If this is just a fluke then no big deal but if this is something I have to look forward to periodically well...

I have been receiving paypal payments without anyone saying they have had any issues.

On a side note, has anyone been using or tried Google Checkout? I haven't but was thinking about adding it as another option.

We've used Google Checkout before (mostly online store-related purchased), and have had no problem with it.