Any oldtimers still out there?

VentureForth

I was addicted to the forums until about January of this year. Been traveling mostly out of the country since. Once every month or so I'll scan the forums, but I think this is my first post since January.

I've not been caching much, since my traveling is mostly unplanned, I can't possibly carry all the cache data with me for everywhere I might end up. Got a cache in Peru, a cache in Mexico.. and I think a couple in Texas.

Jamie

I was addicted to the forums until about January of this year. Been traveling mostly out of the country since. Once every month or so I'll scan the forums, but I think this is my first post since January.

I've not been caching much, since my traveling is mostly unplanned, I can't possibly carry all the cache data with me for everywhere I might end up. Got a cache in Peru, a cache in Mexico.. and I think a couple in Texas.

Jamie

so you are still alive? I figured maybe you and Mitsuko had eloped!

I remember it well, December 18, 2002 was my first cache find. That cache was archived a couple of years ago and just last week I logged a new cache that has been placed nearby. That was in the days when geocachers were serious about the sport. I still havn't reached 1000 finds, but the price of gas is too great to allow going out very often. Now all I get are complaints by newbies that they can't find the caches, they contact reviewers or log that the caches need maintenance, and my caches are threatened. And, of course, the caches are still there. The person who got me into geocaching is now archiving (as we speak) most of his 160+ caches for that reason.

I just realized that my last post was in 2004. Wow. Anyone else from the 2001-2003 geocaching years still check in here?

Yep... I've never posted much, but I've been around since '02 :D Lately, I haven't been searching for many caches nor hiding them. I love to go to meetings and gatherings whenever possible though! That's the best part of it now-- I'm tired of searching for caches only to find that they're micros or close to it. I still get a good one now and then, but I don't log them online :)

I just realized that my last post was in 2004. Wow. Anyone else from the 2001-2003 geocaching years still check in here?

Lately, I haven't been searching for many caches nor hiding them. I love to go to meetings and gatherings whenever possible though! That's the best part of it now-- I'm tired of searching for caches only to find that they're micros or close to it.

Class of '02 here.

The above post nearly identically echoes my recent experience as well. In fact, just this past weekend I went to a FABULOUS event cache in Lower Alabama, but all but maybe one or two of the nearby caches that I searched during other parts of the day there were micros (although I must say that most of them did take me to reasonably nice locations), and it reminded me why I only cache maybe once or twice a year now. I set a 5-minute time limit on each of the micros, and in each case if I didn't make the find I decided it wasn't worth any more time out of my life to keep searching for yet another haystack needle. Don't need the stats that badly anymore.

Hi VentureForth,

We used to do your caches from back then. I'm pretty sure we joined in March 2002. I'm part of HackPack. You may remember my hubby, HackAttack...

We stopped caching for a few years and are almost ready to get back to it again.

(Hey 9Key)

Edited by Ma Bell

Hi VentureForth,

We used to do your caches from back then. I'm pretty sure we joined in March 2002. I'm part of HackPack. You may remember my hubby, HackAttack...

We stopped caching for a few years and are almost ready to get back to it again.

(Hey 9Key)

Got my first DNF in July 01 first find shortly there after, found a few since

Keep on geocaching

Here since May 2001 and into the future.

I've re-located from the Pac NW to Alabama and cache when I can, I just don't do the forum thing much anymore.

Oh the memories of those days gone by...

3512_700.jpg

I had forgotten about her, mtn-man. What was the girl's sock-puppet screen-name and the model's real name?

Hi EraSeek, good to see you're still active. You were a great help when I was a newbie.