Geocaching Meccas

I was wondering if there are any caches out there that people consider essential finds for their geocaching career. Obviously, the original geocache location in Oregon is a must-see... but I was curious if there are any other places that are very important in the history of Geocaching.

I would say Original cache, APE cache, and Groundspeak HQ.

Other legendary caches include TUBE TORCHER (not to be confused with Torch Tuber), Blood & Guts in Virginia (aka Iron & Stone). I don't know how many cachers have made special pilgrimages just to tackle those caches, but certainly people (myself included) have for the first three mentioned.

Edited by CacheNCarryMA

Maybe it's just all the forum publicity, but I'd be tempted to travel in order to try my hand at Criminal's French Peak, or Vinny & Sue Team's Psycho Urban Cache #13 - Impossible! Give Up Now!

Since I have no clue as to how to ascend the pillar, I guess French Peak is the more feasible goal. Though I hear the woods of the PacNorWest are infested with Sasquatches and carnivorous ferns. My desert training may be inadequate, so a few more viewings of Rambo may be in order.

I'd make a Geo-Hajj to either of these Meccas and participate eagerly in the Stoning of the Lame Urban Micro, a ritual of purification and rededication to the Geo-faith.

Maybe it's just all the forum publicity, but I'd be tempted to travel in order to try my hand at Criminal's French Peak, or Vinny & Sue Team's Psycho Urban Cache #13 - Impossible! Give Up Now!

Since I have no clue as to how to ascend the pillar, I guess French Peak is the more feasible goal. Though I hear the woods of the PacNorWest are infested with Sasquatches and carnivorous ferns. My desert training may be inadequate, so a few more viewings of Rambo may be in order.

I'd make a Geo-Hajj to either of these Meccas and participate eagerly in the Stoning of the Lame Urban Micro, a ritual of purification and rededication to the Geo-faith.

I'm surprised you didn't consider this cache, closer to home Anasazi Ruins

:laughing:

I wouldn't use the term "mecca" to describe any aspect of geocaching. :D

why not?

--

i made a pilgrimage to the MD APE cache. it was awesome.

Considering that I'm not a big fan of the "religion of peace" might be part of the reason. :(

How about a better term like Legendary caches rather than "islamic holy land" caches.

Mule Ears,

If you ever come out this way, consider my 100th placed cache Operation Wreckhunter.

Still don't really know the significance of this location, but here.

It is the location you are taken to when you click on the tiny box on any cache page that is hidden by a map if you are signed in. (See this thread.) It isn't a zip code center, but I've been told it holds some sort of significance, but I can't be told what it is... :laughing:

Edited by Too Tall John