False Advertising "DRAGONFLY" Geocoin

CrossRoadNomads

Hi Everyone....

Wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been with the recent purchase of the Dragonfly geocoins.

I visited the website and was very excited about these cool looking coins!

The website advertised that there were 5 editions of this coin available for purchase, 4 regular editions and 1 Limited Edition.

The website also stated that the only way to get a limited edition coin was to purchase the whole set of 5 thru them.

:laughing: This was clearly false advertising!!! <_<

You can now visit that same website and be directed to ebay to purchase the LE coin without having to purchase the whole set ?????????????????????????????

This is unethical business practice!!!

In addition, this company is now offering an additional version of the coin.. "The Artist Proof"

I thought I had the whole set??????????????????????????????????????????

Well needless to say I won't be doing business with this company any longer and I suggest that before you buy any geocoins from anyone you do your homework to make sure you are not getting mislead!

Geocoin collecting is lots of fun for many of us and it is unfortunate that things like this have to happen! <_<

Happy Caching and Happy Collecting

:ph34r::laughing::anibad:

While the term LE is very misleading it means different things to different people. Some coin makers will tell you up front they are making 50-100 of them but 200-1000 of the REs. Not so in this case, if memory serves me. Apparently more LEs were made than people willing to buy 4 matching coins to get one.

Yeah geocoin collecting is fun but it's also a fickle market for the makers the gauge. If you make too many you're stuck with a bunch of expensive paper weights. If you make too few people get upset when they didn't get a hot commodity and those who did get it balk at a second minting. You just can't please all the people all the time!

I pressume that like the maker you thought this was going to be a hot commodity so you bought the matching set hoping for a HTF LE. Sales must have fizzled. Give the guy a break, he's just trying to unload some coins.

While the term LE is very misleading it means different things to different people. Some coin makers will tell you up front they are making 50-100 of them but 200-1000 of the REs. Not so in this case, if memory serves me. Apparently more LEs were made than people willing to buy 4 matching coins to get one.

Yeah geocoin collecting is fun but it's also a fickle market for the makers the gauge. If you make too many you're stuck with a bunch of expensive paper weights. If you make too few people get upset when they didn't get a hot commodity and those who did get it balk at a second minting. You just can't please all the people all the time!

I pressume that like the maker you thought this was going to be a hot commodity so you bought the matching set hoping for a HTF LE. Sales must have fizzled. Give the guy a break, he's just trying to unload some coins.

NO BREAKS DO NOT FALSE ADVERTISE

These extra LE could have been offered to the paying customers who purchased the whole set in the first place!

These extra LE could have been offered to the paying customers who purchased the whole set in the first place!

YES YOU ARE CORRECT, THAT IS THE WAY THEY PUT IT......... "LE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH PURCHASE OF COMPLETE SET" .......... I THOUGHT I HAD PURCHASED A SET (TO GET THE LE)......NEVER RECEIVED.....THEN I EMAILED THEM..........THEY SAID I NEVER PAID ??? I'M NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM EITHER :laughing:

Edited by gojimdandy

YES YOU ARE CORRECT, THAT IS THE WAY THEY PUT IT......... "LE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH PURCHASE OF COMPLETE SET" .......... I THOUGHT I HAD PURCHASED A SET (TO GET THE LE)......NEVER RECEIVED.....THEN I EMAILED THEM..........THEY SAID I NEVER PAID ??? I'M NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM EITHER :laughing:

If you ordered them and we did not send them to you send me your paypal transaction number and I will look up your order.

If the seller wishes to send me a refund for the LE coin for which they sold under false pretenses, then I will be more than happy to accept it.

I will at no point return it.

The issue has never been the quality of the coins or my satisfaction with the coins, the only thing in question is the sellers integrity in advertising and business!

Any extra LE coins should have been offered to the paying customers who already purchased a full set, due to the fact that, they were presented as only available with the purchase of a set.

If the seller chooses to put them on an online auction site that is his/her right, but they should have continued with the integrity of the original selling format!

If you support this company that is great, but my purpose is just to inform the geocoin collectors of my experience supported by facts!

Does the fact that a handful of LE coins became available without the purchase of a full set somehow devalue the LE coin(s) you have? It isn't like these are from a second minting, they are just leftovers for whatever reason (such as extras minted to cover loss/damage in shipping.)

Unless you are planning to auction off some LE coin(s) and are trying to corner the market to jack up the price, what's the big deal if someone else interested in an LE gets one without having to purchase the remaining metals?

I have it from the seller that there was no re-minting of coins. These are leftover coins being offered. You cannot expect a refund without returning the coins. If you have an issue with the seller, you take it up in private communication. This thread is closed.