Question about hiding a cache

jimsimm

I've only found about a dozen caches and I'd like to hide one. My thought is to hide it on a small island in the bay near our beach house. The only way to get to it is by boat. I usually take a kayak to it but other boats and jet skis can access the island as well. Is this okay? Or will some geocachers be upset with me for not making it more easily accessible?

First make sure the island isn't private property. If it is you will need the permission of the owner.

Second, I know some of those islands get swamped during storms.

Finally, boaters visit them fairly frequently.

So you want to make sure the cache is in a waterproof container, won't get washed away and won't be accidentally be discovered by non geocaches.

I've only found about a dozen caches and I'd like to hide one. My thought is to hide it on a small island in the bay near our beach house. The only way to get to it is by boat. I usually take a kayak to it but other boats and jet skis can access the island as well. Is this okay? Or will some geocachers be upset with me for not making it more easily accessible?

Excellent Idea.

I'm planning a camping trip and I'm bringing my boat next time for the cache on the island in that spot. Harder to me just makes them more desireable.