Avoid Fadfusion.com

Just thought I would share my expierence so maybe it might help others.

Fadfusion.com has advertised the Explorist 500LE Adventure bundle. This package is supposed to include the Topo software, and carry case. Also included in the details of the offer was a rechargable battery and AC adapter. This sounded like a fantastic deal.

My wife ordered the package, and when we received it to our surprise it had none of the extras included in the bundle. She promptly fired off an email to customer service and their reply was that the item advertised on their website is no longer available from Magellan and if the description does not match what was recieved it was an error. We returned several times to the website to find that the Adventure bundle was still listed with the same price but is now out of stock but no effort has been made to remove it or even change the description. They still argue that this is not what they sold us and we recieved what we paid for. If I return the item I lose the shipping I paid for it which would make any future purchase a loss of money.

Interesting that they would be the only retailer advertising the Explorist Adventure Bundle that ships without the Adventure Bundle. grrrr.... :signalviolin: My advice, contact the seller before you purchase to avoid such hassles.

Just thought I would share my expierence so maybe it might help others.

Fadfusion.com has advertised the Explorist 500LE Adventure bundle. This package is supposed to include the Topo software, and carry case. Also included in the details of the offer was a rechargable battery and AC adapter. This sounded like a fantastic deal.

My wife ordered the package, and when we received it to our surprise it had none of the extras included in the bundle. She promptly fired off an email to customer service and their reply was that the item advertised on their website is no longer available from Magellan and if the description does not match what was recieved it was an error. We returned several times to the website to find that the Adventure bundle was still listed with the same price but is now out of stock but no effort has been made to remove it or even change the description. They still argue that this is not what they sold us and we recieved what we paid for. If I return the item I lose the shipping I paid for it which would make any future purchase a loss of money.

Interesting that they would be the only retailer advertising the Explorist Adventure Bundle that ships without the Adventure Bundle. grrrr.... :signalviolin: My advice, contact the seller before you purchase to avoid such hassles.

This is not just fadfusion.com, but everywhere. I initially called tigergps asking when they were expecting this bundle in stock, and they originally said mid-June and then said they have no idea.

So I found a seller on ebay who was selling these. I emailed him twice, specifically asking if he had the Adventure Bundle. He said yes. I did not receive the bundle, but simply the 500LE. I have also been contacted by another buyer from the same seller who had the same thing happen....ordered the bundle and got the 500LE only.

According to the seller, the dropshipper made an error. What really appears to have happened, though, is that these sellers think that the dropshippers have the item, but the reality is that there are no more Adventure Bundles left.

And the seller I purchased from? A powerseller with a 99.7% positive rating who would answer my emails within minutes? I have not heard from him since I requested a refund.

I would suggest that you rename the title and add in "Magellan 500LE Adventure Bundle" so potential buyers like you and I look here and question ANY seller that says they have this item in stock.

... tigergps lets you add it to their cart on the webpage now...
But at least they show it as "out of stock." It's interesting that it's actually listed for $10 LESS than the 400 "wilderness bundle"

Who'd think that a Li-Ion battery (on the 400) would cost more than a color screen (on the 500)?

Edited by lee_rimar