Severn Valley Railway Flood Damage Appeal Geocoin

Dear All,

Great news, the coins have arrived. All 12kg of them.

Work to get them out to those that have already ordered will commence as soon as possible, after work and family have taken time out of what is imho too short a week.

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart mentioned this morning in another place he was expecting delivery in the next couple of days.

So any time soon then <_<

Dear All,

Great news, the coins have arrived. All 12kg of them.

Work to get them out to those that have already ordered will commence as soon as possible, after work and family have taken time out of what is imho too short a week.

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart mentioned this morning in another place he was expecting delivery in the next couple of days.

So any time soon then :)

12kg! Phew :) !!

Great news - and thanks for the hard work

Just back from the post office, having deposited 50 ish packages.

Anyone in the UK / Europe that paid by paypal then your coins are on their way.

Those in the states, I've forwarded your details to our Canadian partners for shipping.

Anyone reading the tread thats not yet ordered, why not get that geocaching loved one a present for christmas, and at the same time help out a worthy cause.

SVR Flood Appeal Geocoin

SVR-coin.jpg

Available in both Antique silver, and a limited run of antique gold.

Cheers

Stuart

All three received on Monday, they are excellent and well worth the pennies! Thanks for all your efforts Stuart.

One question, I think I read that the silver coin was limited edition. Ours has no serial number so I guess they have not been number recorded?

L&H

All three received on Monday, they are excellent and well worth the pennies! Thanks for all your efforts Stuart.

One question, I think I read that the silver coin was limited edition. Ours has no serial number so I guess they have not been number recorded?

L&H

Hi,

Gold ones were a limited run (not limited edition) limited to 165 coins

Cheers

Stuart

L&H

Hi,

Gold ones were a limited run (not limited edition) limited to 165 coins

Cheers

Stuart

Just ordered a gold and a silver one, very worthy cause, a mate at work has got one of each and they are VERY VERY good quality !!

L&H

My silver one certainly has a number and it is big enough to read without a magnifying glass unlike some. It is at the bottom on the side with the signal box and signal. :(

Mine came yesterday and are really nice - now to steel myself to releasing one. :D

Just placed my order (2 Silver & 1 Gold) for very worthy cause. My caching name gives a bit away about my other hobbies. I am involved with a large heritage railway in northern England which recently held a fund raising event for the Severn Valley Railway which raised in the region £15K for Flood Damage Appeal. That event involved a lot of people your individual efforts Stuart are just as important if not more important. Excellent work.

For those cachers with an interest in steam locomotives the locomotive featured on the coin is A4 60009 'Union of South Africa' which until recently was based on the Severn Valley Railway. The owner has now relocated it to nearer his home in Scotland. It is hope that this engine will join the two other working A4 (60007 'Sir Nigel Gresley' and 60019 'Bittern' ) for a week (last weekend in March and first week of April 2008) on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Fans of LNER engines an event not to be missed along with a bit of caching as well.

One of my coins will be released in cache GCW2AQ

Once again Stuart well done

Just placed my order (2 Silver & 1 Gold) for very worthy cause. My caching name gives a bit away about my other hobbies. I am involved with a large heritage railway in northern England which recently held a fund raising event for the Severn Valley Railway which raised in the region £15K for Flood Damage Appeal. That event involved a lot of people your individual efforts Stuart are just as important if not more important. Excellent work.

For those cachers with an interest in steam locomotives the locomotive featured on the coin is A4 60009 'Union of South Africa' which until recently was based on the Severn Valley Railway. The owner has now relocated it to nearer his home in Scotland. It is hope that this engine will join the two other working A4 (60007 'Sir Nigel Gresley' and 60019 'Bittern' ) for a week (last weekend in March and first week of April 2008) on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Fans of LNER engines an event not to be missed along with a bit of caching as well.

One of my coins will be released in cache GCW2AQ

Once again Stuart well done

That would be the NYMR event then :D

I've just posted the 10 more orders out today this would have happened last weekend but we had no power for over 10 hours on Sunday which made getting order info a bit hard.

I've got 30 Gold coins, left and 100 Silver ones still to go.

Cheers

Stuart

We put in a order for one of each and paid by paypal for the coins on the 14th Dec, have tried to contact the email address in the actual advert and had it bounced back to us as undeliverable..... any idea if our coins have been sent out yet as these were ordered as a xmas present and i thought 7 days adequate time for postage etc as first class takes 1 day normally and even though it's xmas i still can send mail from yorkshire to cornwall forst class to arrive the following day!

Team Vorvik

We put in a order for one of each and paid by paypal for the coins on the 14th Dec, have tried to contact the email address in the actual advert and had it bounced back to us as undeliverable..... any idea if our coins have been sent out yet as these were ordered as a xmas present and i thought 7 days adequate time for postage etc as first class takes 1 day normally and even though it's xmas i still can send mail from yorkshire to cornwall forst class to arrive the following day!

Team Vorvik

I've dispatched the coins Royal Mail Special Delivery(at an additional cost above the postage paid), the delay was caused by no notification from PayPal that payment had been received.

I've sent an e-mail requesting details of the e-mail bounce, as far as I'm aware everything is working I've certainly had e-mail to that address and others on the same account in the last 7 days.

Regards

Stuart

I've dispatched the coins Royal Mail Special Delivery(at an additional cost above the postage paid), the delay was caused by no notification from PayPal that payment had been received.

I've sent an e-mail requesting details of the e-mail bounce, as far as I'm aware everything is working I've certainly had e-mail to that address and others on the same account in the last 7 days.

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Many thanks for all your help just dont know what happened with this coin order i've never had any problems in the past?

Cheers

Team Vorvik

I've just been to the post office to dispatch another 10 coins.

The money raised from these coins for the SVR currently stands at £780.

With <30 Gold coins remaining, many more silver, it would be really great if we could break the £1000 mark by the end of the month.

Cheers

Stuart

Just ordered one. Surprised that the optional donation drop down stopped at just £7. Hope you make it to £1,000 by the end of the month!

Well, you're the first person to want to donate more than £7 :laughing:

Seriously, anyone wishing to make just a donation, get in touch, I'm happy to take your money and add it to the amount donated from the coins. Or of course feel free to by some more coins.

Cheers

Stuart