Severn Valley Railway Flood Damage Appeal Geocoin

taz' date='Jul 11 2007, 02:31 AM' post='2957607']

I'm interested in buying one, maybe two.

As a sugestion you should try and be cheakey with the mint and see if they are willing to help you out with the price, prehaps in exchange for gome good PR.

Update Time:

I think we're at around 80 coins so far, this is great.

I'm working closely with Chris & Helen of http://www.landsharkz.ca/index.htm on the production of this coin.

It was there design of the "2007 British Columbia Geocoin" with the train crossing the tressle that has provided much of the inspiration for the SVR Flood appeal coin.

I'm hopeful that a 3d relief of a train crossing the victoria bridge over the river severn will be achievable.

http://www.pbase.com/firstbrook/image/71094006

Is just one of many images that we're using as an example / inspiration for the finished product.

Slow progress on the website for registering an interest, I'm afraid. But we'll get there in the end.

Cheers

Stuart

Nice looking coin, presumably the part where it says Sharkz will be replaced by tracking details? It will be a tracked coin won't it?

Yes its going to be a tracked coin, with the tracking number going where the Shark is on the rear side.

Just as an aside, I recently had some coins "imprisoned" by the customs people, cost me almost as much as the coins were worth to free 'em!

Don't you just love MHC&E or whatever they are calling themselves.

Regards

Stuart

I'll have one.

Update time, samples of the coin have been shipped from the mint, and I'm expecting them to arrive this week. When they do I'll post some photos.

Cheers

Stuart

Samples have arrived from the mint, pictures to follow this evening, have to say they're looking very good.

Stuart

Images of the sample coins can be found on the following webpage,

http://www.geocache.org.uk/svr-geocoin/index.php?id=artwork

The on-line ordering system will be available soon.

I've been asked by a few people if it's possible to get different finishes (metal colour) , How many people would be interested in this ?

Regards

Stuart

That is one very cool coin! :P Kudos to all involved.

My wife is a big fan of steam trains and was disappointed that she could not get to ride on the Seven Valley Railway. :D

We have just spent a week in a cottage in Parkend and got to travel on that steam train, but we were looking forward to a trip on the Seven Valley railway. Hope the Appeal goes well and we get to travel on it next time.

To make up for it I braught her one silver one gold. :D

By the way the forest of Dean is a great place for caches. :)

Edited by Fin34

Every time we come over to the UK, we always take a trip on some historic railway or other. We haven't been on the Severn Valley but we hope to some day. Still, I was on the fence with respect to contributing (there are steam railways in this country that also need our money :ph34r: ). The design, though, sealed it. It came out really well. Order submitted...

Hope you get the coin in time for the Ocotillo Event. I'd love to 'discover'it!!

ttfn jane

Update time.

Coins are ready to ship from the mint.

Shipment will be made by ground courier so hopefully, no involvement with the Royal Mail.

I'm away from e-mail until the 22nd of October, so you may experience a delay in response to any queries. Hopefully I'll be shipping coins before the end of October.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi,

Coins are due to into the country early next week.

Hopefully they won't be too much delayed in getting to me, I'm hoping to get them out reasonably soon after they arrive dispatch will be in the same order that orders are received.

Cheers

Stuart

any update for us stuart?