Garmin Etrex Vista HCX Prices

bubnme

One of the ideas on the "Garmin is upgrading its eTrex series" thread was to post best prices there.

This is OK I guess since this narrows the scope down to the Vista HCX which is also the one I am planning on buying. :signalviolin:

Yes the offroute.com price is the best I've seen so far (which was also posted in "Garmin is upgrading its eTrex series")

One of the ideas on the "Garmin is upgrading its eTrex series" thread was to post best prices there.

This is OK I guess since this narrows the scope down to the Vista HCX which is also the one I am planning on buying. :signalviolin:

Yes the offroute.com price is the best I've seen so far (which was also posted in "Garmin is upgrading its eTrex series")

Yes, I am aware of the other thread about the prices. I have also seen other prices on other threads as well. This just makes it easier to locate a good deal versus reading all of the posts like mine right now... lol. Keep the best prices coming all.

I find it odd that offroute has the CX and HCX listed at the same price.

What's odd about that? Garmin's website also prices the Vista (and Legend) CX and HCX the same.

They appear to be pricing the "H" models the same as their predecessor. I hope that remains true.

www.offroute.com says the HCX models will be replacing the CX line and that explains the same pricing. Any day now? Keep the pricing coming all... :rolleyes:

What's odd about that? Garmin's website also prices the Vista (and Legend) CX and HCX the same.

They appear to be pricing the "H" models the same as their predecessor. I hope that remains true.

Its odd because if a company is selling a widget for $5, and is rolling out a brand new widgetplus for $5, why would anyone buy the original widget? Y'know, the whole supply/demand thing.

Makes more sense if the HCX does not come with a SD card. Even with that, if the HCX is priced the same as the CX, then the CX prices should fall dramatically in the next few months.

electotronics.com

Not in stock

offroute.com

This item should ship on or before 7/24/2007

But http://www.tvnav.com/ got some yesterday and they are now

in stock

i wonder why offroute.com has to wait until 24.

I don't know this for sure, but I have heard that geographically that TVNAV is located next to a Garmin factory. If true, this could account for them having received an early batch. That being said, they do have the Vista HCX in stock, but none of the others yet. I know this because I ordered a Legend HCX from TVNAV.

Its odd because if a company is selling a widget for $5, and is rolling out a brand new widgetplus for $5, why would anyone buy the original widget? Y'know, the whole supply/demand thing.

Makes more sense if the HCX does not come with a SD card. Even with that, if the HCX is priced the same as the CX, then the CX prices should fall dramatically in the next few months.

Expect the old widget to drop in price when demand plummets...

tigergps has them listed at $226

I don't see that price from tiger gps. I see the $250 price for the Vista HCX. Could you send a link for that low pricing?

I see the new Legend HCx for $226. I'm impatiently waiting for TigerGPS to ship my preordered Vista HCx. It will be my first handheld GPSr.

edit: I see I was too slow with my note of the Legend price.

Edited by Jim_F

I did find it at PCNation cheaper but it has a 2 week shipping date but for a 10% discount can you wait for 2 weeks???

010-00629-00 GPS ETREX LEGEND HCX TR GPS PERP

Quantity: 1

Item Price: $205.34

Cart Total: $205.34

This cart qualifies for FREE shipping.

Shipping cost preview:

Delivery Method/Time Cost

Ground 4-7 business day delivery FREE

FedEx 3 business day delivery FREE

I did find it at PCNation cheaper but it has a 2 week shipping date but for a 10% discount can you wait for 2 weeks???

010-00629-00 GPS ETREX LEGEND HCX TR GPS PERP

Quantity: 1

Item Price: $205.34

Cart Total: $205.34

This cart qualifies for FREE shipping.

Shipping cost preview:

Delivery Method/Time Cost

Ground 4-7 business day delivery FREE

FedEx 3 business day delivery FREE

the vista hcx was considerably more on the same site... still not the best price. vista hcx only please. ^_^

What are the reputations of electotronics.com and offroute.com...both of those prices look decent. Anyone order from either of those stores?

I bought a 60CSx last fall from offroute.com, since they had the best price. I specified a Post Office Box address, and they shipped it UPS to that address. It took 6 day from Reno to San Luis Obispo, CA (normal 2-3 day delivery), and then of course UPS failed delivery and returned it. They told me they would ship a second one and never did. They insisted I use a street address for UPS, but I live alone, am never home, and deliveries to work are not welcome. They do list USPS as a shipping option on their website.

I ordered two RAM handlebar mounts at the same time and they were the wrong brackets for the unit, and the brackets would not fit on the bases. I did finally get everything corrected, but it took almost 3 weeks. Along the way I kept asking for email correspondence, since cellphone calls at work are a problem, and they always called my cellphone in response to email, even though every time I requested NOT to call, and please use email.

I've never used them again.

What are the reputations of electotronics.com and offroute.com...both of those prices look decent. Anyone order from either of those stores?

I bought a 60CSx last fall from offroute.com, since they had the best price. I specified a Post Office Box address, and they shipped it UPS to that address. It took 6 day from Reno to San Luis Obispo, CA (normal 2-3 day delivery), and then of course UPS failed delivery and returned it. They told me they would ship a second one and never did. They insisted I use a street address for UPS, but I live alone, am never home, and deliveries to work are not welcome. They do list USPS as a shipping option on their website.

I ordered two RAM handlebar mounts at the same time and they were the wrong brackets for the unit, and the brackets would not fit on the bases. I did finally get everything corrected, but it took almost 3 weeks. Along the way I kept asking for email correspondence, since cellphone calls at work are a problem, and they always called my cellphone in response to email, even though every time I requested NOT to call, and please use email.

I've never used them again.

looks like tvnav then for the purchase all?

Is that Walmart price for online sales only, or is it also available at the retail stores?

I went into Bass Pro yesterday where they had the Vista HCx in stock for $299. I told them about the walmart price on the internet and they matched it right there in the store.

Doc / Frisco Finders

I hate Mal-Wart, but alas they have it in stock and at the same price as OffRoute.com. I cancelled my order with offroute and went with Mal-Wart. with the fast 1 day shipping it came in at the same preice as offroute but then had to add TAX :laughing:

I mainly did this because the ship date from off route is now up to the 7/31

I hate Mal-Wart, but alas they have it in stock and at the same price as OffRoute.com. I cancelled my order with offroute and went with Mal-Wart. with the fast 1 day shipping it came in at the same preice as offroute but then had to add TAX :rolleyes:

I mainly did this because the ship date from off route is now up to the 7/31

I thought of doing that, but I'm holding on. The ship date listed on my order tracking is the 25th. It's my understanding, that the ship date of the 31st is for orders placed today. They expect delivery from Garmin on Tuesday or Wednesday, but all of those units have been spoken for by those who placed their orders earlier. I'll let you know on Wednesday if I'm correct. :lol::laughing::lol:

Wal-Mart.com is $235.88. They are in stock and can ship very quickly. If you order and pick up in the store I don't think that there is a shipping charge. If you have it shipped direct to you there is a shipping charge and you will pay sales tax.

Wal-Mart.com is $235.88. They are in stock and can ship very quickly. If you order and pick up in the store I don't think that there is a shipping charge. If you have it shipped direct to you there is a shipping charge and you will pay sales tax.

I just noticed that Walmart.com has bumped the price up to $299.98. Glad I got my order in at $235.88.

I just noticed that Walmart.com has bumped the price up to $299.98. Glad I got my order in at $235.88.

I just noticed too damnit! ;P Yesterday it was at $235.88... But I don't get my money until tomorrow anyway... And I had just found a way to ship it to Sweden despite that Walmart dont ship international...

My tracking information from offroute.com just changed from "Pending" to "Processing." The Shipment date, which originally was the 24th, and then the 25th, has changed to "Packing for Shipment." Yee-ha! Looks like I'll be getting it buy the end of the week.

Their tracking info has been pretty accurate. If you order one today, it should ship on or before the 31st. The price is still $234.95.

My tracking information from offroute.com just changed from "Pending" to "Processing." The Shipment date, which originally was the 24th, and then the 25th, has changed to "Packing for Shipment." Yee-ha! Looks like I'll be getting it buy the end of the week.

Their tracking info has been pretty accurate. If you order one today, it should ship on or before the 31st. The price is still $234.95.

I saw the same thing. Now mine has been shipped from offroute.com. UPS doesn't have the delivery info yet but I am hoping it will get here before the weekend.

those of you that ordered at Walmart, how long did it take before they shipped it?

Mine has had the status of "Processing" for about 34 hours now.

Mine is still processing and it has been about 42 hours. I'm anxious for it to ship too. I've never had a gpsr before or even used one. I'm kind of excited about trying geocaching.

i ordered mine from offroute.com yesterday and they said they'll ship it out on august 2nd mainly because the 2gb Sdcard is not in stock, otherwise they would've shipped my GPS out on the 31st, so if anyone wants to know i guess their next shipment will go out to everyone around the 31st if you dont want to wait for the Sdcard, but i'm patient, at least i think so... >_>

I placed my order at wallmart.com on friday ... sometime late at night, probably about 10:00pm pacific. I ordered next day shipping, and on Tuesday it still showed as 'processing'. However, even though I didn't get an email that my order had shipped, and I frequently checked online and it kept showing 'processing', it turned out they shipped it Tuesday morning, and it arrived via UPS Wed 7/25 (at 7:30 at night, but that wasn't walmarts fault). I was hoping it would come earlier Wednesday and I could go caching in the evening, oh well, happy to have ... only prob seems to be the waas. No problem turning it on and off and back on.