Compass Cacher Geocoins Coming soon

CacheHunters42

Congrats, a very nice looking coin. Simple design with striking colours. Is it "See Through"? Like stained glass? It looks like it, if so, there a a few of these now with Crakes Sun Catchers and Paula/Jims GW5 SunBurst. They seem to be popular and a sure hit, hopefully I can manage to get these ones. If they aren't see through, still a great looking coin :signalviolin:

Compass Catcher Geocoins are in stock. 1.75" 3mm thick Zinc Based (this is the only metal that can be used for suncatcher type coins)

Sales will open Saturday 8/4/07 at 8:00am EDT.

Price is $8.99 plus shipping.

Only 150 of each version were initially minted. CH Quality Coins reserves the right to mint additional coins.

The feature a translucent see through band. They are trackable at Geocaching.com and will have a unique icon.

Order Gold Plated Red versions HERE

Order Chromium Plated Purple/Blue versions HERE

Note: Links will not go Live until 8:00am EDT 8/4/07.

Edited by CacheHunters42

The link from the thread isn't working for the blue/purple ones. But if you go to the site and click on the link for geo coins and swag, you'll be able to see the coin there.

Thanks!

I love how the sale post was edited to add CH Quality Coins reserves the right to mint additional coins this morning at 8:30 ^_^

Edited by AtlantaGal

Compass Catcher Geocoins are in stock. 1.75" 3mm thick Zinc Based (this is the only metal that can be used for suncatcher type coins)

I'm curious as to how this rule changed so fast? I don't mean on the Compass Catchers. In my mailbox today was a nice big, heavy 2" coin, brass base metal, with the suncatcher style. Hmmm. Doesn't everyone use the same mint nowadays? Just wondering what rules apply to what coins.

I'm curious as to how this rule changed so fast? I don't mean on the Compass Catchers. In my mailbox today was a nice big, heavy 2" coin, brass base metal, with the suncatcher style. Hmmm. Doesn't everyone use the same mint nowadays? Just wondering what rules apply to what coins.

I got a similar thing from the mint when working on the new Texas coins. They said they couldn't do a coin with cut outs using brass as the base metal. I thought that was bunk and told them as much. Lo and behold I now have brass-based coin samples with cut outs. Go figure. :anitongue:

When it comes to cut-outs they can be done in Brass, Iron and Zinc. Whenyou get into removing as much metal as we did with these compass catcher coins the Zinc process is the best. I am curious to see the Brass sun catcher coin Moop Along has.

Just a note:

We are Manufacturing a new plating and color scheme for the Compass Catcher coins. We have limited the Gold/Red coins and the Chromium/Blue versions, so no more will be manufactured in those color schemes.

When it comes to cut-outs they can be done in Brass, Iron and Zinc. Whenyou get into removing as much metal as we did with these compass catcher coins the Zinc process is the best. I am curious to see the Brass sun catcher coin Moop Along has.

Just a note:

We are Manufacturing a new plating and color scheme for the Compass Catcher coins. We have limited the Gold/Red coins and the Chromium/Blue versions, so no more will be manufactured in those color schemes.

It's not a secret coin :blink: It's this month's Geocoin Club 2 year Anniversary coin. I think there are about 15 cutouts on it, and I would estimate they make up a third or better of the total coin surface area. I've never minted a suncatcher style coin, but I'm working on a new design. I'd like to have all options open to me, and when I read that rule a little while ago, I was confused. Now it seems that "the zinc process is the best" on this coin, so that's totally cool. I'm just trying to learn, obviously along with Mr. 9Key and others. :ph34r:

anyone interested in trading one of these let me know. I would be very interested in opening any discussions relating to obtaining one of these for my collection.

Here is my partial list, I have a few more not listed yet, so lets talk...who know perhaps we can make a deal.

oop's forgot the lionk to the list.Slippery_1's Trader List

Edited by slippery_1