Greatest sock puppet threads of all time

I can't remember her name.......but somebody will.

:signalviolin:Mitsuko

57636_700.jpg

You beat me to it while i was trying to figure out how to build her up slowly. But, I didn't say her name. I've heard one can be banned from the forums and Geocaching and maybe even the internet for saying her name.

What about the "Why does my post say..." one, I forget the name but you all know it.

That would be ringbone...sbell knows where that one's at.

And that was actually the thread that started this one after I read that..:signalviolin:

Edited by vtmtnman

Why does my post say "Sexy Sally"?

Wasn't there an angsty thread where the term Groundspeak "lackey" was coined?

I'm pretty sure that Jeremy started that by changing his forum title to 'Lackey' or Groundspeak Lackey' during the 'Pay-to-play' angst. This happened at the same time as a thread in which someone complained that Charter Members were identified as such.

My woman from tokyo

She makes me see

My woman from tokyo

Shes so good to me

But I'm at home and I just don't belong ...

So far away from the garden we love

She is what moves in the soul of a dove

Soon I shall see just how black was my night

When we're alone in her city of light

Edited by Mushtang

That was a great thread. It went ten pages in something like four hours.

That thread had me crying in laughter at times.

GeoCide was born from these threads and socks which lead to the inspiration behind the GeoCide GeoCoin, in both satin nickel and satin gold. One very fitting coin. I have some Limited Edition coins coming. Anyone can have one for free if they create GeoCide. kind of like a nice parting gift.

Not exactly a sock puppet, but didn't a certain moderator "out" his player name by posting under the wrong account? I think it's common knowledge now but wasn't at the time (and I'm not naming either account, just in case).
I must say, first time I saw your avatar, I thought

Sock Puppet!

not

Dinosaur!

Just sayin'... <_<

My woman from tokyo

She makes me see

My woman from tokyo

Shes so good to me

But I'm at home and I just don't belong ...

So far away from the garden we love

She is what moves in the soul of a dove

Soon I shall see just how black was my night

When we're alone in her city of light

Rising from the neon gloom

Shining like a crazy moon...

Not exactly a sock puppet, but didn't a certain moderator "out" his player name by posting under the wrong account? I think it's common knowledge now but wasn't at the time (and I'm not naming either account, just in case).

Sock Puppet!

not

Dinosaur!

Just sayin'... <_<

Yeah, I know. And as if that's not bad enough, when the rest of the family is caching with me, we log as trolls! :laughing:

Edited by Dinoprophet

Hmmm,had a slight problem for some reason and couldn't get back on the forum.Anyways,I'm posting this thread,and when it's resulting thread gets locked it'll be posted here as well.

Keep those sock threads posted here!This is great stuff!

Your wish is MM's command.

<_<:laughing:

The best part was he locked it whilst I was typing the other post.

A new classic-Jeremy confrims the sock puppet account,then everyone gets into Cheech ang Chong movies!

Sock Puppet!

not

Dinosaur!

Just sayin'... <_<

:laughing::laughing:

OK, I'll play along. I remember this one; Vasinger logged in for 9 days several years ago, had 0 finds and 0 hides, and all 18 forum posts were regarding the subject "Virginia should not be in the Northeast Forum". The one man (and obvious sock puppet) lobbying effort did actually succeed in getting the Northeast Forum re-named the "Mid-Atlantic Forum" as it's still known today.

Thread link

EDIT: That's not his best forum thread, I'm not getting any hits on "see all forum posts" by this user. That was a great sock puppet though, under the classic "false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person" definition of one.

Edited by Mr.Yuck