Community Cache

If people have to remove it, it could be a problem, but overall it sounds like fun.

I recall one cache that started out as a slip of paper in a Ziploc and each finder was asked to upgrade it in some way. The next added a pencil, then a logbook, then a better container, then trade items.

It eventually became a well stocked ammo box.

I don't think people should make a habit of caches such as this one, but in that one case it was fun and worked out well.

The Hermit Carabs and I came up with a interesting cache idea a few year's back.

It would have to be a rather unique and probably remote hiding area.

The idea was to hide the cache within 30 feet of GZ. The next finder could change the container, add camo, move the box (always within 30 feet of GZ), change the camo, change the verticalness(?) - you get the idea. I never have done it but they did.

All came up out of a discussion on "cache migration". The mysterious way in which we cache owners can't find our own caches due to hiders moving them.

The Hermit Carabs and I came up with a interesting cache idea a few year's back.

It would have to be a rather unique and probably remote hiding area.

The idea was to hide the cache within 30 feet of GZ. The next finder could change the container, add camo, move the box (always within 30 feet of GZ), change the camo, change the verticalness(?) - you get the idea. I never have done it but they did.

All came up out of a discussion on "cache migration". The mysterious way in which we cache owners can't find our own caches due to hiders moving them.

I'm not sure if that cache would be listed.

You could make a multi-cache that people move when they find it. When the move the cache they put the coordinates to the new spot in the old spot. Its like a cache blob it gets longer and longer with each find.

Yes, you could do this. But you couldn't list it on Geocaching.com. ;)

It would work well in a local forum or discussion group where people posted the latest update.

Edited by Keystone