Magellan MapSend Question

I have uploaded MapSend maps to two of my eXplorist GPSr's, one of which is now broken. I have a new eXplorist but MapSend tells me I've reached the max allowable GPS units to upload to. How can I get around this? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall MapSend, or won't that work?

Call magellan customer service and tell them the reason you need to register a new unit. They did it for me when I lost my 500 and wanted to use direct route on a new one. Oh, yeah... just ignore the responses that are bound to come about how unhelpful magellan support is. just make sure you call, don't email.

MapSend tells me I've reached the max allowable GPS units to upload to. How can I get around this? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall MapSend, or won't that work?

It sounds like you have an old enough version that reinstalling should take care of your problem. That will reset the counter.

So, are you able to install either the MapSend or Topo software onto more than 1 unit? I currently use a Magellan Explorist 500, I am looking at upgrading to the XL, but not sure if I will have to repurchase the Topo software if I do so.

Help me out on this one, please!!!

So, are you able to install either the MapSend or Topo software onto more than 1 unit? I currently use a Magellan Explorist 500, I am looking at upgrading to the XL, but not sure if I will have to repurchase the Topo software if I do so.

Help me out on this one, please!!!

You can use it for two units (based on their serial numbers). I have used the direct route and topo for both my platinum and my eX 600.