Premium Members only caches vs. "Commercial" caches, and by whose authority does Geocaching.com "control" geocaching?

I'm also wondering where is nudecacher? Shouldn't we ask for his opinion?

I expect that NudeCacher, like most Naturists, is far too smart to engage in public debate about this!

Besides, wasn't the question about placing caches in or at nude locations, and wasn't it answered long ago? :signalviolin:

No, that was an entirely different thread. :mmraspberry::drama:

I expect that NudeCacher, like most Naturists, is far too smart to engage in public debate about this!

Besides, wasn't the question about placing caches in or at nude locations, and wasn't it answered long ago? :signalviolin:

Err, Ed, what are you trying to tell us about yourself then? :mmraspberry:

You did post earlier that you are an occasional card carrying member, but didn't specify where you carried the card. :drama:

Oh and I'll bet that nudecacher is sitting in front of his computer enjoying a cold beverage and laughing.

Err, Ed, what are you trying to tell us about yourself then? :signalviolin:

True story! Restraint isn't my forte!

You did post earlier that you are an occasional card carrying member, but didn't specify where you carried the card. :mmraspberry:

:drama:

Oh and I'll bet that nudecacher is sitting in front of his computer enjoying a cold beverage and laughing.

Nah, he's probably out caching, where I need to be!

Back in September of 2005 I set out on a trip with my wife to visit my daughter. Our first night we camped at a place called Howard's Gulch. The next morning we found the cache by the same name and I was surprised to see nudecacher's signature in the log. I had heard of this infamous cacher but never expected to cross paths with him. Although it wasn't an actual meeting it was something unusual to talk about with my wife that morning.

If you don't know of nudecacher you can see two photos of him in the gallery for the above mentioned cache. Let the viewer beware! :signalviolin:

Sexy_Sally has indicated that s(he) was using her friend's computer who is also a geocacher to post. Considering the contents of the other geocacher's previous emails I'll give her(him) the benefit of the doubt that their writing style and pet peeves are similar because they have similar interests. However it would be helpful if his friend posted here to reveal all doubt to everyone that they are not one and the same person.

However Sexy_sally has indicated that s(he) will no longer post here, so its a moot point.

Sexy_Sally has indicated that s(he) was using her friend's computer who is also a geocacher to post. Considering the contents of the other geocacher's previous emails I'll give her(him) the benefit of the doubt that their writing style and pet peeves are similar because they have similar interests. However it would be helpful if his friend posted here to reveal all doubt to everyone that they are not one and the same person.

However Sexy_sally has indicated that s(he) will no longer post here, so its a moot point.

Well, that was pretty anticlimactic.

<_<

So, if Sexy Sally is no longer going to post "here," my question is: "Where is here?" If here is more than just this thread, does that qualify as a geocide? <_<

Back to the original topic: I just read the topic title bar as I was typing, and this thought occurred to me:

If the geocaching community were a democracy, I guess you'd say that geocachers have voted for geocaching.com. So to the question of:

By whose authority does Geocaching.com "control" geocaching?
I'd have to say the same way power is transferred to the President of the United States.

"Power to the People!"

Heh... :laughing:

So, if Sexy Sally is no longer going to post "here," my question is: "Where is here?" If here is more than just this thread, does that qualify as a geocide? :laughing:

If so I am only going to give it a 4 - maybe a 5.
Out of 10? That's pretty generous. I'd have been happier with some closing line from "Sally," one last utterance of "you textiles." Am I a bad person for thinking that any kind of geocide is more interesting than a fizzled thread? <_<

Am I a bad person for thinking that any kind of geocide is more interesting than a fizzled thread? <_<

No, I totally agree. But I'm feeling cheated here since it was such a weak geocide AND a fizzled thread.

Hey Jeremy, email Thexy_Thally back and tell him he's allowed one more post to give us some closure. Make sure to tell him he should really explode and go out with some thunder or you'll out him.

I think that most of us are just hanging out to see when the sock is pulled off.

having a limited number of finds under his belt.

Would either of these be possible? Assuming that nudist don't wear some kind of cool utility belt like Batman. After all where would you keep your wallet? But being as I am just a "textile" I wouldn't understand right? Us lowely textiles having to sit at the back of the cachemobile and only visit our own segregated textile caches.

I leave my wallet in my truck and I have my keys on a lanyard that I found as a trade item in a cache. I have a small pack that I carry for my keys, the camera, the gps and trade items.

I would have hopped in earlier here, but I couldn't figure out what the question was.

Nudecacher

I think that most of us are just hanging out to see when the sock is pulled off.

having a limited number of finds under his belt.

Would either of these be possible? Assuming that nudist don't wear some kind of cool utility belt like Batman. After all where would you keep your wallet? But being as I am just a "textile" I wouldn't understand right? Us lowely textiles having to sit at the back of the cachemobile and only visit our own segregated textile caches.

I leave my wallet in my truck and I have my keys on a lanyard that I found as a trade item in a cache. I have a small pack that I carry for my keys, the camera, the gps and trade items.

I would have hopped in earlier here, but I couldn't figure out what the question was.

Nudecacher

hey nudie... Long time no see... Wait that came out wrong. <_<

Besides, wasn't the question about placing caches in or at nude locations, and wasn't it answered long ago? <_<

For those who don't didn't follow the old forums, several years ago now, most nudist resorts limit access so caches don't really work there. I've enjoyed the caches that I've found in public nude areas, like the one at Wreck Beach which is now archived. There are caches outside the gates of some of the resorts which I've found. I've been surprised at how many nudists are geocachers and have contacted me. I used to have the LARC website in my profile, but Groundspeak asked me not to include the link there and in my posts because of the "Commercial" rules. It was easy enough to find anyway. I no longer do that website, but that is another story.

Nudecacher

However it would be helpful if his friend posted here to reveal all doubt to everyone that they are not one and the same person.

But hold on a minute, since you're the only person who seems to know who the "friend" is, why would he want to risk ridicule and embarrassment by posting an explanation in this here open forum? And he wouldn't be much of a friend if he actually came out and denounced poor Sexy Sally now, would he? <_<

Back in September of 2005 I set out on a trip with my wife to visit my daughter. Our first night we camped at a place called Howard's Gulch. The next morning we found the cache by the same name and I was surprised to see nudecacher's signature in the log. I had heard of this infamous cacher but never expected to cross paths with him. Although it wasn't an actual meeting it was something unusual to talk about with my wife that morning.

If you don't know of nudecacher you can see two photos of him in the gallery for the above mentioned cache. Let the viewer beware! <_<

I remember Howard's Gulch. I was there in May of 2005 so we weren't even close at meeting, but that could be arranged. I've been to lots of geocaching events. That was a fun cache, there was no one there at the time, and I got in lots of nuding.

Nudecacher

If you don't know of nudecacher you can see two photos of him in the gallery for the above mentioned cache. Let the viewer beware! <_<

I remember Howard's Gulch. I was there in May of 2005 so we weren't even close at meeting, but that could be arranged. I've been to lots of geocaching events. That was a fun cache, there was no one there at the time, and I got in lots of nuding.

Nudecacher

Perhaps we can howdy at GW6. I'm planning on being there since it's going to be reasonably near to where I live.

However it would be helpful if his friend posted here to reveal all doubt to everyone that they are not one and the same person.

But hold on a minute, since you're the only person who seems to know who the "friend" is, why would he want to risk ridicule and embarrassment by posting an explanation in this here open forum? And he wouldn't be much of a friend if he actually came out and denounced poor Sexy Sally now, would he? <_<

Your comments don't make any sense.

But hold on a minute, since you're the only person who seems to know who the "friend" is, why would he want to risk ridicule and embarrassment by posting an explanation in this here open forum? And he wouldn't be much of a friend if he actually came out and denounced poor Sexy Sally now, would he? :laughing:

Your comments don't make any sense.

Well, I guess I must've missed something along the way. My apologies! <_<

If you don't know of nudecacher you can see two photos of him in the gallery for the above mentioned cache. Let the viewer beware! :laughing:

Nudecacher

Perhaps we can howdy at GW6. I'm planning on being there since it's going to be reasonably near to where I live.

I would have said that it's probably too far away, but then I looked it up. GeoWoodstock VI Sacramento, California May 24, 2008 and guess when Bare-to-breakers in San Francisco is? It's always the third Sunday in May and next year that is May 18, so I might actually want to put a trip together for both. I was feeling bad that I was too busy to go this year and that I want to go next year. In my avitar picture here I'm wearing my runners bib with the number from 2006. A bunch of geocachers could join me for the Bay-to-Breakers race the weekend before if they'd like. It would be lots of fun. Thanks for the invite. <_<

Nudecacher

I mean as I understand the history of caching, it was started by one man celebrating the removal of the SA allowing us to play our litte game. And that it's birth as it was, was in the newsgroups. And that the "inventor" has become disillusioned and has pretty much left the game.

Dave's not here, man.

Whoah, Futurame reference, and it fits! +1, would giggle again!

Why do I get the feeling that "Sexy Sally" is about 5' 8" tall, weighs about 275 lbs, has a two day growth of a beard, wears a wife beater undershirt and answers to the name Jerry.

Easily my favorite post of the thread.

Well, that and "Why does my post say Sexy Sally?" (note my forum title of the past week or so)

I mean as I understand the history of caching, it was started by one man celebrating the removal of the SA allowing us to play our litte game. And that it's birth as it was, was in the newsgroups. And that the "inventor" has become disillusioned and has pretty much left the game.

Dave's not here, man.

I thought it was a Cheech and Chong reference, guess I'm showing my age.

....I would also like to ask who has given geocaching.com the authority to call itself the official geocaching web site, and to set the "rules" for everyone who wishes to go geocaching? Because as I understand things geocaching.com isn't the only fish in the sea....

By the same authority that I started terracachers. If you want long hours, no pay, little reward, sign up and and I'll keep you busy.

Dave's not here, man.

I love futurama too, but this is TOTALLY Cheech and Chong, man.

edit: it was an homage in Futurama:

"heech and Chong

At the voter registration place, one of the political parties with a booth is "Dudes For The Legalation Of Of Hemp". Besides legalization being spelled wrong and "of" being repeated, the guy working the booth responds to Amy's question about the uses of hemp by saying "Dave's not here, man." That phrase was made famous on Cheech and Chong's self-titled debut album. (edit)"

from Futurama episode guide

Edited by KoosKoos

Dave's not here, man.

I love futurama too, but this is TOTALLY Cheech and Chong, man.

edit: it was an homage in Futurama:

"heech and Chong

At the voter registration place, one of the political parties with a booth is "Dudes For The Legalation Of Of Hemp". Besides legalization being spelled wrong and "of" being repeated, the guy working the booth responds to Amy's question about the uses of hemp by saying "Dave's not here, man." That phrase was made famous on Cheech and Chong's self-titled debut album. (edit)"

from Futurama episode guide

Can't remember which movie, early 70s, Cheech is in the trunk of a car, knocking and trying to get out, every time he knocks Chong looks around, says "Whos' that" Cheech says "It's me, man, Dave" Chong looks around, "Dave's not here, man!" or something like that.

(Soft knocks at the door)

CHONG: Who is it?

CHEECH: It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the stuff.

(More knocks)

CHEECH: It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.

CHONG: Who?

CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.

(More knocks)

CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Will you open up, I got the stuff with me.

CHEECH: Dave, man. Open up.

CHONG: Dave?

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave. C'mon, man, open up, I think the cops saw me.

CHONG: Dave's not here.

CHEECH: No, man, I'm Dave, man.

(Sharp knocks at the door)

CHEECH: Hey, c'mon, man.

CHEECH: It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me.

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave.

CHEECH: What the hell? No, man, I am Dave, man. Will you...

(More knocks)

CHEECH: C'mon! Open up the door, will you? I got the stuff with me, I think the cops saw me.

CHEECH: Oh, what the hell is it...c'mon. Open up the door! It's Dave!

CHEECH: Dave! D-A-V-E! Will you open up the [dadgum] door!

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave!

CHEECH: Right, man. Dave. Now will you open up the door?

CHONG: Dave's not here

(Soft knocks at the door)

CHEECH: It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the stuff.

(More knocks)

CHEECH: It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.

CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.

(More knocks)

CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Will you open up, I got the stuff with me.

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave. C'mon, man, open up, I think the cops saw me.

CHEECH: No, man, I'm Dave, man.

(Sharp knocks at the door)

CHEECH: Hey, c'mon, man.

CHEECH: It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me.

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave.

CHEECH: What the hell? No, man, I am Dave, man. Will you...

(More knocks)

CHEECH: C'mon! Open up the door, will you? I got the stuff with me, I think the cops saw me.

CHEECH: Oh, what the hell is it...c'mon. Open up the door! It's Dave!

CHEECH: Dave! D-A-V-E! Will you open up the [dadgum] door!

CHEECH: Yeah, Dave!

CHEECH: Right, man. Dave. Now will you open up the door?

CHONG: Dave's not here

Exactly. It's NOT the thing with the car trunk. It's from Up In Smoke - a truly great movie - especially if you're high. I was quite high the first time I saw it. Wow. That was a loooooooooooooong time ago.

I'm surprised sooo many didn't know the origin...great post showing the CORRECT lines of the movie (not album, not out of the trunk). THAT was a classic! I must have been around 15 then, we went to the drive-in and was watching (nope, no dope)...my uncle just happened to be in the car beside us (can't remember how we found that out...maybe the smoke coming out)...and he shared his with us!!

Ahhh yes, the memories! Sooo long ago...sooo very very long ago!