Earth Caches

I know this has been covered before but I don't know if a definitive answer was ever achieved, and apart from which I can't now find the thread, but... When finding Earth Caches are Scotland, Wales & England now classed as separate countries or are they all still lumped together as one? I thought the latter but have been informed that this has now been sorted but I can't find any reference to this... Earthcache listings are still chucked together under UK, not separate countries.

I have had no reply to my e-mails re this subject so can't even find out from TPTB, can anybody help?

Ta gladly.

If you're asking in order to claim The Earthcache Pins... I can confirm that several of us have claimed the Bronze Pin using Counties instead of USA States... i.e by doing caches in two Counties.

How mercenary do you think I am? Well quite a bit really, that's exactly what I was after :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for the help, the form will be completed forthwith...

The UK counties are treated exactly the same as the US states so if you've found a Earth cache in 2 adjoining counties you can claim a Bronze Earth cache pin. you don't need to have found earthcaches in England and Wales or Scotland :rolleyes: [i've had this confirmed by geoaware]

Wow thats great I was wondering when i would get the chance to go somewhere else in the world to do an earth cache but since i have done one in Cumbria and one in Devon I guess i can get a pin. off now to fill out the form!! <_<

edited to say oops still need one more to get the pin!

Edited by pirate_matt

I have looked at the above link, however I was thinking do these "earth" ones show up on the normal search from the home page?

(The one where you can put in your postcode).

Thanks.

yes they do - and they have their own icon.. I guess though theres not that many of them.

Thanks for that.

I have looked at the above link, however I was thinking do these "earth" ones show up on the normal search from the home page?

(The one where you can put in your postcode).

Thanks.

yes they do - and they have their own icon.. I guess though theres not that many of them.

According to this bookmark list there are 50 Earthcaches in the UK.

If you do a search using the 'Advanced Search' option and select Earthcaches by State/Country and selct UK you will get a list of 90 of them.