Online now feature!

treasure_hunter

I think it would be cool if there was an "Online now" feature. Maybe just a little icon on the cachers profile. Of course there would need have to be an option to make your online status visible or not.

It would be handy when wanting to contact a Geocacher, you would know if they were online or not.

What do you think guys??

Just my $0.02

I think it would be cool if there was an "Online now" feature. Maybe just a little icon on the cachers profile. Of course there would need have to be an option to make your online status visible or not.

It would be handy when wanting to contact a Geocacher, you would know if they were online or not.

What do you think guys??

Just my $0.02

So if I'm not on-line, your need to contact me isn't important enough to pester me while off-line? :o

What do you think guys??

Just my $0.02

So if I'm not on-line, your need to contact me isn't important enough to pester me while off-line? :o

I should have known better than to post a new topic. <_<

What I am saying is...... If you knew if they were online or not, you would know whether or not to wait for a quick reply from them.

Personally it wouldn't bother me as it happens in Yahoo! etc, but I don't respond immediately as a rule to emails as I get way to many to do that and tend to batch my email processing.

I would also find it rude if people expected me to drop what I am doing to respond just because I am checking out a geocaching page. I have Trillian for those who wish to contact me for instant messaging chats.

So I guess I vote indifferent.

Don't give up on posting ideas, but remember just because you think it is good, others may not.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

What do you think guys??

Just my $0.02

You can do this already.

Just edit your profile and select IM type ICQ then enter your ICQ number.

Your profile will now show your online status according to ICQ.

What do you think guys??

Just my $0.02

So if I'm not on-line, your need to contact me isn't important enough to pester me while off-line? <_<

I should have known better than to post a new topic. :unsure:

:o Just ribbin' ya. :unsure:

Frankly it's a concept I don't use but that doesn't mean others won't.

It is a fun feature and we have considered it for our v.2 implementation of the web site (to be launched sometime next year).

It is a fun feature and we have considered it for our v.2 implementation of the web site (to be launched sometime next year).

Awesome, I would really like to see it.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but if you do implement this, PLEASE let us opt out of it. Cyber-stalking is already bad enough as it is.

MrW.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but if you do implement this, PLEASE let us opt out of it. Cyber-stalking is already bad enough as it is.

MrW.

hmm, I just checked on cacheaddicts.org and it says you're online :laughing:

MrW.

I tend to agree!

Hope your considerations is to not have this feature. We don't need any more monitoring that we have. I would rather have a feature that would allow me to see who was watching my caches and travel bugs.

:laughing:

Hope your considerations is to not have this feature. We don't need any more monitoring that we have. I would rather have a feature that would allow me to see who was watching my caches and travel bugs.

:laughing:

So you would rather "monitor" what others are doing and not be monitored yourself eh??? :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

Just being a devils advocate here. But most of the time that I'm logged into geocaching.com I am not logged into my email. So what good would it be to know that I'm on right now?

But can't one go to my pofile and see that my last visit was today?

If it wasn't today then I'm not on.

If it is today then there is a slight probability that I'm still on. But as stated above, what good is that?

If that feature is not working, as it has had some problems mentioned by others in the fourms, then all bets are off.

Along with the appropriate opt out (or better yet, opt in?)