Bookmark lists: easy mapping & printing

geochiles

We print our caches and take them with us. What we'd like is an easy way to both map and print a set of caches we intend to do for the day/trip.

I'd like to be able to create the set of caches (with the bookmark list), then create a map with all of them on it to print. With just these caches and the index.

Then I'd like to print all the caches in my bookmark list (or the ones that I check from the list).

Now, this gets into the printing thread a bit. My goals are:

- print the crucial information only (waypoints, name, description, 5 logs, clue). No unimportant images, etc.

- i like to not use up too much paper, and not use up too much color ink

It might be easier if you were to dump this into a txt file and then I could just edit out what I don't want.

At least a map of the bookmark list would help me to do the map for where i need to go.

Thanks! Love this site and geocaching.

Geochiles

Beings I have never asked or replied on here we will see what happens. This is what I do. I go to Microsoft Word, and write the Cache name and Geocache code on a new document. Then I go to the page of the cache I am working with. I copy & paste the curucial info with corresponding waypoint in to Word. I do this with all my caches then I print them out.

quote name='geochiles' date='Jun 24 2007, 10:57 AM' post='2929773']

We print our caches and take them with us. What we'd like is an easy way to both map and print a set of caches we intend to do for the day/trip.

I'd like to be able to create the set of caches (with the bookmark list), then create a map with all of them on it to print. With just these caches and the index.

Then I'd like to print all the caches in my bookmark list (or the ones that I check from the list).

- print the crucial information only (waypoints, name, description, 5 logs, clue). No unimportant images, etc.

It might be easier if you were to dump this into a txt file and then I could just edit out what I don't want.

At least a map of the bookmark list would help me to do the map for where i need to go.

Geochiles

I had same problem. Using less paper and only getting the info I need. This is what I do. I go to Microsoft Word, and write the Cache name and Geocache code on a new document. Then I go to the page of the cache I am working with. I copy & paste the curucial info with corresponding waypoint in to Word. I do this with all my caches then I print them out.

quote name='geochiles' date='Jun 24 2007, 10:57 AM' post='2929773']

Geochiles

Welcome to the Forums! :D

If you use pocket queries and a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you could filter down to just the caches you want to find during a day's adventure and then create a .gpx file you can open in Google Earth. Then you can print that image. Or, if you have mapping software, you can Export from GSAK in the correct format for that and then print the map.

For $30.00 you could get an older-model PDA so you could cache "Paperless." Until then, GSAK has a way to print just the details for the caches in a compressed format.

Welcome to the Forums! :D

If you use pocket queries and a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you could filter down to just the caches you want to find during a day's adventure and then create a .gpx file you can open in Google Earth. Then you can print that image. Or, if you have mapping software, you can Export from GSAK in the correct format for that and then print the map.

For $30.00 you could get an older-model PDA so you could cache "Paperless." Until then, GSAK has a way to print just the details for the caches in a compressed format.

And you can try GSAK for free.

Geochiles

As a premium member, you can make a Pocket Query of the bookmark list. Take the *.gpx file emailed to you and drag it into Google Earth. Print that map. Simple and free.

Note - I *LOVE* GSAK and it may be the answer to the text issues, but this will help with the mapping part.