Not to offend

Glenn

As far side conservation goes there has some really good post in this thread by others explaining why certain items offend them. I am not bothered by religion but I have a hard time understanding why some people appear to be bother by religion simply because it exists. I've read posts where someone is offended by a religious tract placed in a cache but they never go on to say why or how the tract offends them. Besides just because something is offensive is that really reason to ban it from caches? This is what lead me to the idea of the theoretical non-offensive cache. I know that there is no such thing as a 100% non-offensive cache. What I find most interesting is not the items that are being listing as offensive in this thread but the items that I have seen in caches that no one posting to this thread has listed as offensive.

As an example as to why pencils offend me: (True Story) I was stabbed with one as a kid. It went in several inches and the graphite is still embedded in my body. Therefore I do not really like pencils and could easily consider them a weapon.

But hey - please put a pencil in the cache since pens freeze. I might be offended, but since I am all grown up, I think I'll be able to get over myself.

Edited by martinell

As an example as to why pencils offend me: (True Story) I was stabbed with one as a kid. It went in several inches and the graphite is still embedded in my body. Therefore I do not really like pencils and could easily consider them a weapon.

Here I thought I was the only one with a piece of pencil lead imbedded in me. I was barely in kindergarten when I nodded off and hit my jaw on a freshly sharpened pencil. Now I have a nervous obsessive habit of feeling the pencil lead beneath my skin.

It makes my skin crawl.

I hope no one is offended by me letting the thread wander off topic :)

Here's a ponder... people occasionally leave coupons and such in caches... what about caching specific coupons? Like "Buy one get one free AMOCANS at Lucky Eddie's Surplus" or "Get $2 off your next purchase of Bison Tubes from Joe's Cacherama!"

Are those kosher, or commercial?

bump, since I'd kinda like an answer in the midst of the offtopicness :)

Here's a ponder... people occasionally leave coupons and such in caches... what about caching specific coupons? Like "Buy one get one free AMOCANS at Lucky Eddie's Surplus" or "Get $2 off your next purchase of Bison Tubes from Joe's Cacherama!"

Are those kosher, or commercial?

bump, since I'd kinda like an answer in the midst of the offtopicness :tired:

They could easily be both! What if they were coupons for kosher dill pickles?