Mac & Garmin

Team Geotor

I am having a bit of trouble loading geocaches into my Garmin Legend CX. I am using the USB port on a Mac (running OS 10.4.4). Using GPSBabel+ 1.3.3.a. I tried 1.3.2 and MacSimpleGPS, but they would not use the USB port properly. I have the GPSBabel docs but they are PC baised.

My problem is that 1.3.3a will load some caches, but it loads some 3 or 4 maybe 5 times. It will load GCxxx and GCxxx.1 and GCxxx.5, etc. Then it refuses to load additional sets of caches. I am trying to load 13 caches from one area and 35 from another. I can load one set but not the other.

Why is it loading multi times for some caches, and how do I get it to load two sets?

From the Quick GPSBabel page I have checked the following--

operating mode - waypoints

input options - use file

file type - GPX XML

output options - use GPS receiver (garmin, USB port)

Send GPS

I read about using POI to load the SD card with a PC but not a Mac. Can it be done with a Mac? I tried outputing to a Garmin POI database file and dropping it to the SD card, but the GPS will not pull it up.

Also, the PQ sent two files one called #######-wpts.gpx and the other #######.gpx

Which file should I be using?

Edited by Team Geotor

The only question I can answer is the one about the PQ and the two files.

The ######-wpts.gpx are the "Child Waypoints."

I open the .zip file in GSAK and don't have to worry about the separation of the two files. If you have to Unzip the file first, you want to load both if you want the Parking waypoints and others included on some cache pages.