activation nation....

d-town cachers

hello e'erybody!

ok, i'm full of mixed emoticons today. first, i got off work early today (friday), which is always a bonus. then, my day got even better when i came home and found that my first travel tags had arrived this morning!!! since i'd ordered them i have been planning my first bug, and i finally got to experiment today.

that's the good stuff, now the bad.

i went to activate one of my tags, and it's telling me the activation code does not match the tracking number. is this a common problem? do i have to wait any certain amount of time before these activation codes will work? i am pretty sure i'm entering the right codes in the right boxes....i mean, there's only 2 codes, so i thought, "how hard can it be?"

a little back log for ya, i ordered 4 tags, and all 4 have the same activation code. so i tried to activate all of them, and it's telling me the same thing for each one. what am i missing? or is this justa glitch that i hafta contact GS about? thanks ahead for any input. happy caching!!

d-town cachers

Try using VEGAS or CACHER as the activation code.

If that doesn't work you'll need to send an email to contact@geocaching.com, include the tracking number and what you show for the activation code. For faster service use the subject line: Travel Bug Activation.

Good Luck!

Same thing happened to me last weekend. Printed activation codes on my last 4 travel bugs were incorrect. "CACHER" activation code solved my problems.

Not sure why this hasn't been addressed thru Groundspeak in some form of announcement or such?