Plan to attend feature...

Gus

I really like the new "I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)" feature at the top of the My Account page but I have a couple questions / problems with it.

First question:

I have noticed that if you post a "Will Attend" for an event and then an "Attended" after the event, the event still shows at the top of the "My Account page". I had to go back to the "Will Attend" log and edit it to make it a note. Is this just a bug that there is a fix in the works for?

Second:

It says "I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)". I posted my intentions of attending GeoWoodstock VI on 5/24/2008 and it is showing at the top of My Account page. That's definately not in the next 30 days.

I'm not nit picking, just wondering if these are known issues.

Second:

It says "I plan to attend (in the next 30 days)". I posted my intentions of attending GeoWoodstock VI on 5/24/2008 and it is showing at the top of My Account page. That's definately not in the next 30 days.

I'm not nit picking, just wondering if these are known issues.

I've noticed that too. I think it's showing previous 30 days not the upcoming 30. I've posted a couple of 'Will Attends' for events in the middle of July and they are not showing.

It's would be a nice feature if I am using it correctly.

These questions and observations have been hashed over for the last month but now maybe they will be acted on! A picture says a 1000 words...

I like the Will Attend feature but:

1. Either remove it as it's current incarnation is less than useful, or.

2. Fix it to show ALL 'Will Attended' events no matter how long ago you posted the log (up to a year for a Mega Event).

3. Fix it to remove an event that has happened already. Perhaps keep it up there for about a week but keeping it there for 30 days is just plain a pain in the neck.

4. Make the feature useful by placing the date of the event and not the day you said you would attend in those few lines at the top of your profile quick view. Or put both dates but definately put the DAY THAT THE EVENT IS SCHEDULED up there.

It's been several weeks since all the shenanigans at the web site have settled down but it looks like few if any of the previous suggestions are being acted on.

A photo somewhat along the lines of what I'm suggesting is as follows:

EventWillAttend.jpg

Edited by trainlove
I have noticed that if you post a "Will Attend" for an event and then an "Attended" after the event, the event still shows at the top of the "My Account page".
It didn't work that way for me. The reminder stopped appearing when the event was over.
I have noticed that if you post a "Will Attend" for an event and then an "Attended" after the event, the event still shows at the top of the "My Account page".
It didn't work that way for me. The reminder stopped appearing when the event was over.

Did the event happen to be 30 days from when you posted the "will attend?"

Today marks 30 days from when I posted a "will attend" on GW6. I just noticed that as of today it is not appearing in the events I plan to attend section...