Need a geocoin placed in North Carolina -- help!

jennyams

Hello everyone -

My boys (ages 6 and 4) and I are new geocachers. We launched our first coin, Albany Boys Gingerbread Boy, in May, and shortly thereafter it disappeared at GW5 :blink: . I've given it a month to reappear, but I am now losing hope. Since my boys are very young and anxiously awaiting word of this coin, I have decided to launch another Gingerbread Man to continue the first one's travels. I am, however, in upstate NY with no plans to visit NC in the next few weeks.

Is there a NC geocacher who might be willing to place the coin in a NC cache if I sent it down to you? They just know it is in North Carolina, so any cache will do! I just ordered it, so it will be another week or so before I would send it. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Jennyams, mother of Albany Boys on the Go

I'm in between the Triad (Greensboro closest/High Point/W-S) and the Triangle (Chapel Hill closest/Durham/Raleigh). GSO, HP, or CH are close to me if you would like me to place it in one of those cities. Just let me know. _c3_ in B-Town

I live right in Raleigh (home of GW5) and if you want, I can place the coin in a cache less than 6.5miles away from where GW5 was held. If you have me place the coin, I can probably drop it off the day it arrives, as I have 4 large caches that I can walk to from my house. E-mail me if you would like me to help.

Thanks everyone! You all are terrific. :ph34r:

I will give it another week or so to see if the coin resurfaces before sending on my copy (it arrived today -- maybe I jumped the gun!). It's good to know there might be someone out there intending to log their coins who hasn't done so. If it doesn't turn up, I think I will take wwflover13 up on the kind offer to release it near GW5.

Don't lose faith yet. My one and only coin was placed in a cache (not at GW5). A cacher visited the cache and did not mention the coin. A few days later another person visited it and said there was no coin. I waited a month and contacted the person I thought might have the coin. His response: "Yes, I have it. I will log it when I have the time".