How can I find about mystery cache location !

loba2007

When one decide on a location for a new cache, he looks if a cache already exist within 528' of the new cache site ... right !

But how can he knows if a mystery cache does not already exist next to his new cache location since mystery caches display false coordinates and don't appear on the map ?

Thanks for your cooperation,

Loba2007

Do all the mystery caches within 2 miles of your proposed location. Best way.

Only other way is to email your local reviewer and get a thumbs up or down from them.

I guess my question was not that clear.

What I want to do is to create a new cache but making sure that there is no mystery caches around or close to my new cache. In order to do so, I would need to know where the mystery caches are. Or does it not matter whether a mystery cache exist next to my new cache or not.

I wonder if this is clearer as before but hope it is !!!!!

Thanks again

Loba2007

Maybe my reply was not clear - I know what you are trying to do and my best advice is for you to go out and find all of the mystery caches with coordinates within 2 miles of your proposed location. The "fake" coords have to be within 2 miles of the actual.

OR

Ask your local reviewer.

Do all the mystery caches within 2 miles of your proposed location. Best way.

Only other way is to email your local reviewer and get a thumbs up or down from them.

I guess my question was not that clear.

What I want to do is to create a new cache but making sure that there is no mystery caches around or close to my new cache. In order to do so, I would need to know where the mystery caches are. Or does it not matter whether a mystery cache exist next to my new cache or not.

I wonder if this is clearer as before but hope it is !!!!!

Thanks again

Loba2007

StarBrand's response was correct. If there are no multi or puzzle caches within 2 miles, it's very unlikely you'll have a problem. Otherwise, either try to find those caches, or email your local reviewer with the coordinates to the spot you're considering, and they can tell you if it's okay.

Actually the 2 mile limit used to be larger so you might have to find a lot more mystery/puzzle and multi caches to be certain that none are close to your site.

But what's your problem about posting a cache and letting the reviewer tell you that it's OK or not OK?

If you don't like that idea than make friends with the cachers in your area and GIVE them your coords to have them compare with their records of all the caches they have found. I bet you will like that idea even less.

Edited by trainlove