GeocoinFest Logo and Geocoin Vote!

avroair

Well... I decided to do a redesign on our version as a Geocoin Collector coin and wrapped up the back side to mint it in any case! So... you should all be seeing it within a few months! (Its got some really neat elements - wish the back had been 100% complete before voting started!)

We got alot of support and emails from great folks who seem to love it - and yep! Lots of great locals who follow the forums, and really support me and my designs! (We are lucky to live in an area of SUPER cachers!!!)

Fun idea for a contest!! Its a shame several couldn't be made to choose from - which someone mentioned to me - it seems that the 'preference' for a certain design stays within an area.

Maybe next time the option might be to have the choice of a few different fronts, with a common backside - keeps cost down, but lets everyone generally have what they like. (The top three/four designs or so depending on the votes)

Fun idea for a contest!! Its a shame several couldn't be made to choose from - which someone mentioned to me - it seems that the 'preference' for a certain design stays within an area.

Well if a coin doesn't get picked it could always be turned into a personal coin.

1 hour 35 minutes and some seconds left... :o

Well... I decided to do a redesign on our version as a Geocoin Collector coin and wrapped up the back side to mint it in any case! So... you should all be seeing it within a few months! (Its got some really neat elements - wish the back had been 100% complete before voting started!)

We got alot of support and emails from great folks who seem to love it - and yep! Lots of great locals who follow the forums, and really support me and my designs! (We are lucky to live in an area of SUPER cachers!!!)

Maybe next time the option might be to have the choice of a few different fronts, with a common backside - keeps cost down, but lets everyone generally have what they like. (The top three/four designs or so depending on the votes)

Yeah. I wish I had more time to devote to the design of our proposed coin also -- just not enough hours in a day. I'm kicking around the idea of doing the coin anyway (with some design edits). I really like the saying on the back of ours. I origionally wanted to make the coins common but have some little feature to differentiate them from the other states but just didin't have the time to devote to it. It would have been nice to have the inlay area of the larger coin to say the states name -- could engrave it so that last minute event location can be included and to eliminate the need for a separate die for eache eventl ocation.

...Anthus

It would have been nice to have the inlay area of the larger coin to say the states name -- could engrave it so that last minute event location can be included and to eliminate the need for a separate die for eache eventl ocation.

...Anthus

That was why I adjusted my design. Other locations can still be added and it will keep the symmetry. Since it looks like #6 isn't even close to being in the running, I guess I won't have to worry about additional edits for the new locations though.

I have an image I put together for the local event. We've been talking locally about having a logo/coin just for the AZ location. We're looking at having a local logo contest similar to the one here.