Interesting "things" from a cache?

Yesterday I found a DVD that was produced by a religous orginazation about how the world is going to end,

I really hope you're joking, but if you aren't, then I would have taken it, just to trash it. Spreading fear is not going to do anyone any good.

Yesterday I found a DVD that was produced by a religous orginazation about how the world is going to end,

I really hope you're joking, but if you aren't, then I would have taken it, just to trash it. Spreading fear is not going to do anyone any good.

Nothing wrong with that item in a cache. And taking it without trading up/even for it would be wrong.

Nothing wrong with that item in a cache. And taking it without trading up/even for it would be wrong.

yeah, its allowed in caches, but I would have taken it, just to trash it. Spreading fear is not going to do anyone any good.

yeah, its allowed in caches, but I would have taken it, just to trash it. Spreading fear is not going to do anyone any good.

AMEN

Edited by peetz

As long as you traded up/even for it then its ok. I question your motives though. The bible doesn't speak of the world continuing on like this forever. Which means something has to end. Although something could have been worded wrong or taken wrong. Still, you need to trade up or even.

If it was a global warming DVD about the world ending would you feel differently?

As long as you traded up/even for it then its ok. I question your motives though. The bible doesn't speak of the world continuing on like this forever. Which means something has to end. Although something could have been worded wrong or taken wrong. Still, you need to trade up or even.

If it was a global warming DVD about the world ending would you feel differently?

NO

"Solicitations are off-limits. For example, caches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a platform for an agenda." The cache was not intended to be a religous solicitation but that DVD is and I think it is against the rules, like the rules say Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a platform for an agenda. I don't think a global warming DVD or a religous apocalypse DVD are appropriate for caches. Both ideas are promoting an angenda not fun and light activity.

I found the site promoting the DVD in question

http://www.finalevents.com/Home.asp

You must be very sensitive. It is simply a religious DVD. Just because it says final events does not mean it is trying to scare anyone.

Despite your personal feelings a video like this is most certainly allowed per the current guidelines. This kind of thing has been discussed many times.

If you dont like it either ignore it or trade fairly for it and trash it.

I'm new at this. And very excited about the adventures ahead. I was just curious... What are some of the more interesting things people have seen or taken from a cache? Anything special you have left in a cache? I'd love to read what you all have experienced. :lol:

I cant really think of anything special that i have found. I have found some free meal coupons although i didn't take them. Those seemed nice.

Like many, i like to leave foreign coins. Although they may be worth something, most are most definitely neat looking and interesting.

recently found a new cache and found x3 empty shotguns shells in it! :lol: ummm..... caches are to be fun, a game..... so i removed them. I do have some concern with hand sanitizer or ANY liquid in a cache for the risk of not knowing is that the liquid that is suppose to be in that container or something else? I hate to say but you can not trust everyone & there are people out there who might think it's fun to switch something. I never leave liquids or take.

recently found a new cache and found x3 empty shotguns shells in it! :lol: ummm..... caches are to be fun, a game..... so i removed them. I do have some concern with hand sanitizer or ANY liquid in a cache for the risk of not knowing is that the liquid that is suppose to be in that container or something else? I hate to say but you can not trust everyone & there are people out there who might think it's fun to switch something. I never leave liquids or take.

That point about the liquids is really good. I hadn't thought of that. I used to hold cachers to a higher standard but someone made the same point that they are just like everyone else.

That point about the liquids is really good. I hadn't thought of that. I used to hold cachers to a higher standard but someone made the same point that they are just like everyone else.

I never really thought about it but that is a good point about my hand sanitizer, I may have to rethink putting those in there. I trust myself, but I am not sure I would trust it if I found one in the container. But I also don't do real well with germs in the first place so that alone would keep me from touching a strange bottle

recently found a new cache and found x3 empty shotguns shells in it! B) ummm..... caches are to be fun, a game..... so i removed them. I do have some concern with hand sanitizer or ANY liquid in a cache for the risk of not knowing is that the liquid that is suppose to be in that container or something else? I hate to say but you can not trust everyone & there are people out there who might think it's fun to switch something. I never leave liquids or take.

I never really thought about it but that is a good point about my hand sanitizer, I may have to rethink putting those in there. I trust myself, but I am not sure I would trust it if I found one in the container. But I also don't do real well with germs in the first place so that alone would keep me from touching a strange bottle

Instead of a bottle of hand sanitizer, you could leave some antibacterial wipes. You can get a travel pack of them for $1 at Target or a box of 24 individual foil packed ones for about $3.50.

Spreading fear is not going to do anyone any good.

recently found a new cache and found x3 empty shotguns shells in it! :laughing: ummm..... caches are to be fun, a game..... so i removed them. I do have some concern with hand sanitizer or ANY liquid in a cache for the risk of not knowing is that the liquid that is suppose to be in that container or something else? I hate to say but you can not trust everyone & there are people out there who might think it's fun to switch something. I never leave liquids or take.

Instead of a bottle of hand sanitizer, you could leave some antibacterial wipes. You can get a travel pack of them for $1 at Target or a box of 24 individual foil packed ones for about $3.50.

There you go I have found a new item to leave, as soon as I get rid of the last of my germex bottles i'll be purchasing antibacterial wipes for a dollar, thanks

I'm new at this. And very excited about the adventures ahead. I was just curious... What are some of the more interesting things people have seen or taken from a cache? Anything special you have left in a cache? I'd love to read what you all have experienced. :laughing:

For me the location is usually the real prize or just getting out and hiking. I have seen a lot of junk in caches but also some neat stuff too. Usually newer caches have some nice stuff. I have seen caches filled with new movies (DVD), CDs with current songs, and book caches with children books and sci-fi books.

I have come across many new tools, flashlights, tape measures. A lot of caches have coins in them. Probably one of the strangest items I have come across is an unopened can of beer.

I hope you enjoy geocaching, it is fun but I wouldn't do it for the trading items.

I got a cool "Linkin Park" CD and blasted it in the car on my way home. Also, one time I got a cool hair pull-back thingy...on a day when it was very hot and my hair was bugging me! I also got some cool tatoos! My kids had a blast with them. I've left neat stuff, too...I like to burn good music to share with others. No religious stuff, but, c'mon guys! I'm not even a believer, but I see no harm in folks doing their thing with caching! Just rifle through the cache and take something if you want it...or TNLN.

The first thing I got was a storm trooper figurine (one of the one's that costs you $5.99 from WalMart.)..today I picked up a blue-glass statue/figurene of a bird; it was really big, especially

for a "small" cache!! We replaced it with something smaller (a hockey card) so there'd be more

room..

I'm new at this. And very excited about the adventures ahead. I was just curious... What are some of the more interesting things people have seen or taken from a cache? Anything special you have left in a cache? I'd love to read what you all have experienced. :laughing:

Have used toothpaste in a cache near Canterbury University (apparently a hall of residence giveaway) we trashed it. Just recieved a beaut unactiveted coin as FTF. Left an unactivated coffee coin and free coffee card for the next finder. We have also be lucky to retrieve and discover many interesting coins and TB's. It is rewarding to release your own - our most noted is a Child Cancer TB. During a recent NZ Awareness week, I purchased 3 support beads, strung them together, attached a Trackable Dog Tag. Also we have a couple of entries in the Premier geocoin Race due to begin on Sunday.

You should be excited about the advertures ahead - we are about six months in and have learn't so much abpout other areas we would not have otherwise visited (including our backyard) and met alot of like-minded interesting people.

Happy Caching :o