Garmin City Navigator

I foolishly installed and registered a copy of City Nav before my GPS arrived, only to discover that a copy was bundled with my GPS. 2 copies of City Nav are now registered to my GPS. I contacted Garmin but they wouldn't do anything for me, however they did mention that the software can be registered to an additional GPS. I'm new to GPSs and Garmin's software, so can't verify if this is true and I'm afraid to experiment! Can anyone with experience advise?

Installing and registering the software does not automatically unlock it to your GPS. Chances are you now have three additional unlock codes: the second code from the software that came with your GPS, and two that were not used from the software you bought separately.

If you have any friends or familly who own Garmins they could probably benefit from your mistake.

When I log into my Garmin account and select "Map Source Unlock" I see 2 entries, one for each City Navigator linked to my GPS. Would another account be able to use the additional unlock codes or can I only use the software with additional GPSs on my account?

He has maximun two unlock codes, not three.

Bundeled map software do never have any second unlock code.

ITs only when you buy a DVD that you get possible for the second unlock code.

With City Navigator v2008 soon to be relead, you onle get one key and not

two as with older version.

Many of the "bundled" products have allowed for a second unlock without additional charge. What model receiver do you have? It surprises me that you were able to unlock the stand-alone version prior to receiving your GPS receiver, as the serial number is required to obtain an unlock code. In your "My Garmin", do the two entries show different registration codes (not unlock codes)?