Plucker Question

OK, I think I have followed the directions exactly the way they are on Cacher U. The problem I am having is when I get to the part on where you enter the file into plucker it asks for the "index htm" file for me to add from the cache folder. I can not find this folder, and am not sure what to put. I can get the list to show up on my palm, however when I click on a cache it tells me " Sorry the link you have selected was not downloaded by plucker".

An suggestions would be great.

The Miller Family

OK, I think I have followed the directions exactly the way they are on Cacher U. The problem I am having is when I get to the part on where you enter the file into plucker it asks for the "index htm" file for me to add from the cache folder. I can not find this folder, and am not sure what to put. I can get the list to show up on my palm, however when I click on a cache it tells me " Sorry the link you have selected was not downloaded by plucker".

General flow:

1. get the caches

2. convert the cachefile into .html

3. use Plucker to convert the .html into palm-readable docuemnt

step three is asking for the location of one of the .html files generated in step 2. Traditionally you give it the main index file, which is traditionally called index.htm(l).

fratermus:

Step #1 I used pocket query to get the file. After unzipping it I ran it through GPXSpinner. Once that was completed I get a folder on my desktop named caches.

Step#2 I then open Plucker. Inside plucker it asks for the index.htm file from the folder. In the folder there is not such file. I attempted to use the one labeled index, however that did not work.

I may be missing the step#2 in your list, and I am not sure how that works.

I have also used GSAK to attempt the download. Again I get what looks like the home page, and then when I touch a cache I get this message. " Sorry, the link you selected was not downloaded by Plucker. It was probably an external site, or exceeded the maximum depth that the referring page was asked to retrieve."

Getting :angry:

Thanks for your help

Edited by Miller Family

fratermus:

Step #1 I used pocket query to get the file. After unzipping it I ran it through GPXSpinner. Once that was completed I get a folder on my desktop named caches.

That's the place. Somewhere in that directory is going to be a generic index file that may or may not be *named* index.html. That's just a convention. You can point Plucker to whatever the file is actually named, or likely explicitly tell spinner to call it's index file "index.html".

Hopefully someone who uses that system will chime in.

Since you are using GSAK, try this:

Load your .gpx file into GSAK, do your filtering, etc.

Using the export function of GSAK, export to HTML. You set up the folder you want it to go to.

Use the program: Sunrise XL to prepare the .pdb file that is readable in a Palm OS PDA, using Plucker in the PDA. When you set up Sunrise, you give it the location of the index.htm file.

When you do a Hotsync, your caches will be in your PDA.

fratermus:

I use spinner too. Try: caches\cache\index.htm

Or drag the PQ file and drop it on the Spinner desktop icon. Spinner should create a directory in the same directory as the PQ called cache(not caches). Spinner reads zips so no need to unzip the PQ.

Edited by John E Cache

Using the export function of GSAK, export to HTML. You set up the folder you want it to go to.

Use the program: Sunrise XL to prepare the .pdb file that is readable in a Palm OS PDA, using Plucker in the PDA. When you set up Sunrise, you give it the location of the index.htm file.

this is how i do mine also,works great an flawlessly. an is verry easy to use.

You can say that again! :o:ph34r:

I also use that method and have been happy with it.

I'm having problems getting a map to show up on my PDA. I can see pictures, but no maps. Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. I'm using GSAK, SunriseXP and Plucker (on my PDA).

On the 'Output tab' make sure include images is checked. Also play with the pixel size.

300 x 300 or I've used 150 x 150 with success.

I'm still having trouble getting a good map to show up. I think its a PQ issue from Groundspeak with the info they are providing. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see what happens.

On the 'Output tab' make sure include images is checked. Also play with the pixel size.

300 x 300 or I've used 150 x 150 with success.

I'm still having trouble getting a good map to show up. I think its a PQ issue from Groundspeak with the info they are providing. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see what happens.

If you talking about the "Output tab" on Sunrise, I don't see a check box for images (don't even see images on the tab). I've played with the pixel size, 150, 300 and 320. My PDA will take up to a 320. I don't see any maps. I see the smiley faces, the travel bug symbol, the difficulty and terrain stars, and for instance the SLAGA symbol, sometimes a small pictures, but no map of any kind.

If you talking about the "Output tab" on Sunrise, I don't see a check box for images (don't even see images on the tab). I've played with the pixel size, 150, 300 and 320. My PDA will take up to a 320. I don't see any maps. I see the smiley faces, the travel bug symbol, the difficulty and terrain stars, and for instance the SLAGA symbol, sometimes a small pictures, but no map of any kind.

Make sure the link depth is set to 2.

Make sure the link depth is set to 2.

I changed the depth from 4 to 2 and still don't see any map.

You won't get the maps. They're not on the geocaching site. There is no way I know of to get the maps through Sunrise or Plucker. They wouldn't do you much good anyway, since they're so small, and it's not possible to make them zoomable.

I thought I had read in other posts that maps were showing up. Thanks for letting me know that I can't get the maps. At least I have the rest of the webpage.