Stat Bar options

retrofit

Hello,

I like the Stat Bar option which i use in the footer of my emails. but I would like an option that instead of hidden it would show Bugs: So my options would be Found: ## / Placed: ## OR Found: ## / Bugs: ##.

As there is two lines in the Classic Configuration someone can choose between what is on each.

Cachies Found: ##

Cachies Placed: ##

Trackable Found: ##

Trackable Placed: ##

custom text

Interesting idea. I haven't considered that, so I'll make a note of it for later. Here are just some thoughts on the matter:

With the current static accepted width of the gc.com statbar, I don't think it would be possible to include "Trackables Found" and "Trackables Placed" (or "Trackables Owned") on the same line and have it look nice. It would need shorter text without using the narrow term "Travel Bug". But this may be a trivial concern. I'll have to play around with the idea at a later date.

I am partial to including two lines--a trackable line below the found/owned line for caches with the option of showing either one or both. We then get into a problem with terms. We can't use "found" for both trackables and caches because it may be confusing if the user shows only his/her trackable or cache stats (or decides to flip which is shown first).

While this is doable, I would like to kill the related idea of including trackable found/owned icons on the statbar. If someone wants that, make and use a background image for the statbar.

Yes, we could do a different statbar for TBs. I wonder what that demand would be?

I did give the TBs-on-statbar idea some further thought. I met with Jeremy at Geowoodstock 5 and shared some ideas with him. He asked me to email him and I'm currently in a rather long wait for his response. If I can ever get a few web services from Groundspeak, I can continue working on a fully customizable statbar. On it, I plan to offer the option of including a find breakdown by cache type. I don't think it would be any stretch of the imagination to include two stats for trackables found and owned.

There's another consideration I can throw out to everyone--trackable icons. I found many people like to collect icons for their profile page. Perhaps an option for the customizable statbar would be to include very small (10px x 10px perhaps) versions of every icon on the user's page. If I can fit twenty a line, I may only have to deal with a maximum of five to seven lines of icons, which means it might be an either/or thing to include the cache type breakdown or trackable icon list on the new statbar. Another alternative could be knocking the opacity down to 20% and using all the icons as a background (offered in addition and not instead of).

Provided I have the data and support to do so, I'll gladly take up statbar programming and design.

I like the idea of a fully customizable statbar. I was just looking around in hear to see if I could find information on how to change the logo on the stat bar to one of my own. This isn't possible now is it? Could it be done using a background as you sudgested earlier

I currently offer a service called the "Statbar Modifier". It works by requesting the current gc.com statbar and changing the logo. I have implemented the following features in it:

--It caches the last requested statbar, so will work even with gc.com is down.

--It fixes the long user quote clipping issue; have a longer message on your statbar, if you'd like.

--It fixes the long user name clipping issue, but this is a per-user basis because I have to adjust a file the program uses.

--You can put a logo on both the left and right side of your statbar. For now, one on the left is required (though I can easily make this optional).

--You can specify a list of logos to be used randomly. I have this up on my profile page, so refresh your browser window and you may see a different logo.

--Due to supporting users in Germany and Italy (thank you!), the first page is available in German and Italian. When I get more time to work on the application, I will check the other pages and ask my contacts for the translation.

All the above is free and ad-free to everyone. I cover the cost on my own and ask only that people use what I have spent my time to make. If people want a new feature, all they have to do is ask. If you want to submit your logo to be used on the Statbar Modifier, please do. I do not allow people to upload logos directly because I don't want inappropriate images used--and I want to guarantee that what is up there works 100% and looks good.

I talked about a fully customizable with Jeremy at Geowoodstock 5 and what I would need from Groundspeak to make it happen. For an example of what could be possible with this new statbar, look at the very bottom of the "About" page on the Statbar Modifier site. At the moment, Jeremy has not responded to my email, so I have been sending him a reminder every month. There is never a time when Groundspeak is not busy.

For the fully customizable statbar, I want to offer the following, all optional for users:

--A statbar background

--A breakdown of finds by cache type

--The inclusion of the number of trackables found and owned

--All the icons of trackables found and owned (which I mentioned as an idea in my previous post)

--The ability to have line breaks in the user quote and even the inclusion of multiple quotes.

--Transparency in logos so they work with backgrounds, if desired.

--And whatever else the user community can come up with.

The Statbar Modifier is at www.devfolio.com/geocaching/statbar

If or when I implement the fully customizable statbar, I will move the service to a domain of its own so it's easier for people to remember. Old links will still work.

Anyway, I see, DPHC, you emailed me while I was writing this. Your logo has been uploaded and tested; it's ready for you. Enjoy!

I currently offer a service called the "Statbar Modifier". It works by requesting the current gc.com statbar and changing the logo. I have implemented the following features in it:

--It caches the last requested statbar, so will work even with gc.com is down.

--It fixes the long user quote clipping issue; have a longer message on your statbar, if you'd like.

--It fixes the long user name clipping issue, but this is a per-user basis because I have to adjust a file the program uses.

--You can put a logo on both the left and right side of your statbar. For now, one on the left is required (though I can easily make this optional).

--You can specify a list of logos to be used randomly. I have this up on my profile page, so refresh your browser window and you may see a different logo.

--Due to supporting users in Germany and Italy (thank you!), the first page is available in German and Italian. When I get more time to work on the application, I will check the other pages and ask my contacts for the translation.

All the above is free and ad-free to everyone. I cover the cost on my own and ask only that people use what I have spent my time to make. If people want a new feature, all they have to do is ask. If you want to submit your logo to be used on the Statbar Modifier, please do. I do not allow people to upload logos directly because I don't want inappropriate images used--and I want to guarantee that what is up there works 100% and looks good.

I talked about a fully customizable with Jeremy at Geowoodstock 5 and what I would need from Groundspeak to make it happen. For an example of what could be possible with this new statbar, look at the very bottom of the "About" page on the Statbar Modifier site. At the moment, Jeremy has not responded to my email, so I have been sending him a reminder every month. There is never a time when Groundspeak is not busy.

For the fully customizable statbar, I want to offer the following, all optional for users:

--A statbar background

--A breakdown of finds by cache type

--The inclusion of the number of trackables found and owned

--All the icons of trackables found and owned (which I mentioned as an idea in my previous post)

--The ability to have line breaks in the user quote and even the inclusion of multiple quotes.

--Transparency in logos so they work with backgrounds, if desired.

--And whatever else the user community can come up with.

The Statbar Modifier is at www.devfolio.com/geocaching/statbar

If or when I implement the fully customizable statbar, I will move the service to a domain of its own so it's easier for people to remember. Old links will still work.

Anyway, I see, DPHC, you emailed me while I was writing this. Your logo has been uploaded and tested; it's ready for you. Enjoy!

This is perfect! I will look forward to using it and also look forward to using the new feature of the fully customizable statbar when you get all the details worked out.

Thanks for your hard work.