• security camera
  • broken signpost
  • tennis ball
  • eggs
  • dog doo-doo
  • various nameless structural parts
  • decals
  • plumbing access box

and all were fake; at least, they were altered to be geocaches.

So... which one was the best that you've seen?

Well, let's see...I've seen:

• sprinklers
  • cover plate
  • bottle cap
  • birdhouse
  • electrical box
  • bird
  • duck
  • rat
  • drain
  • porch light
  • security camera
  • broken signpost
  • tennis ball
  • eggs
  • dog doo-doo
  • various nameless structural parts
  • decals
  • plumbing access box

and all were fake; at least, they were altered to be geocaches.

Wow.. I've found all but the dog poo, at least I think it was real but I'm not about go back and check. I'd like to tell you about my fakes but then I'd have to kill everybody and wouldn't be cool.

Edited by Team GeoBlast

We have a local hider who likes to hide a "fake" cache in a real obvious place near the real cache. It's nothing fancy. Just a small container, so you do a happy dance thinking you found the cache, then open it to find a note saying "No-not this one!". It makes me laugh every time.

We have a local hider who likes to hide a "fake" cache in a real obvious place near the real cache. It's nothing fancy. Just a small container, so you do a happy dance thinking you found the cache, then open it to find a note saying "No-not this one!". It makes me laugh every time.

I hate those.

Wow.. I've found all but the dog poo, at least I think it was real but I'm not about go back and check. I'd like to tell you about my fakes but then I'd have to kill everybody and wouldn't be cool.

Rats. I was hoping at least one of those hadn't been done before. Specifically, I was hoping the one or two that were mine on that list hadn't been done before.

Something about the subject has been bothering me lately. A thing is a "fake" if it looks like some functional object but is really a cache. It can also be a fake if it used to be some other functional object and got converted into a cache. How converted does it have to be? If it still works in its former role but now doubles as a geocache, is it still fun to find? How about this: what if nothing about the object was changed, but a logbook and swag were added to an empty space already inherent in the object? Would that still be a fun find, or would that seem kind of cheesy?