Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
daggy

Indiana Fall Picnic Camping

Camping reservations are starting to roll in for Fall Picnic camping at Summitt Lake State Park. I will try to keep a map updated for those who post their site number here. Stop by and introduce yourself. We love to meet new cachers. Our site will be #39.

a393f25b-162a-4bcf-845f-6937622c86c7.jpg

Since I live 4 miles from here, i don't think I'll camp.... I'll probaly sneak in and sit around the campfire though.

I think I might cancel my campsite and camp in Doug Smileys front yard. :P

If I lived on more acreage, I would of opened it up to camping for everyone, unfortunately, less than an acre in a subdivision just wouldn't hold everyone!

We are in site #34.

Looking forward to seeing the sunrise over the lake.

Is it a big lake? Might just bring the canoe along . just for fun.

DougSmiley has a lake in his front yard? No wonder we can't camp there. But my tent is waterproof. Does that can't underwater?

Deermark

Summit Lake campers map update. Keep them sites coming in so we can put you on the map!

summit-lake.jpg

Just got back from out first event and heard about the Fall Picnic. We looked at the DNR website and saw that the shady sites were going fast! We quickly reserved #49. Can't wait to see the great people we met and look forward to meeting the ones we've heard stories about!

Lake? Yeah, right.

Our biggest problem would be the angry neighbors trying to get us evicted for having a campground in our yard.

Edited by dougsmiley

Summit Lake campers map update. Keep them sites coming in so we can put you on the map!

summit-lake.jpg

Map Update :laughing:

#53 Moondoggie30 I think has moved because it does not show on the state park map as reserved.

The following spots have also been reserved but I don't know if they are geocachers;

11, 13, 20, 22, 27, 29-31, 33, 37, 38, 40, 42, 46, 47, 49, & 60

Thanks 501 for keeping the map updated.

Edited by t_bird

#53 Moondoggie30 I think has moved because it does not show on the state park map as reserved.

The following spots have also been reserved but I don't know if they are geocachers;

I did call Indiana DNR to confirm that i do have site 53

Edited by moondoggie30

I did call Indiana DNR to confirm that i do have site 53

Cool

None of those red sites are us. Although we will be there, we'll be "camping" in the Holiday Inn.

We wanted some shade so we opted for the "B" camping area site #7. For everyone else who would like shade instead of location, come on over to the dark side.

After much pressure & persuasion from miss.betsy, mr.charles, brazilindy & anabel I have reserved site #57. Add me to the bunch. I'm looking forward to the campfire stories.

moondoggie30 is now in site #23 not 53

Alright Moondoggie, behave and stay in one site!! :blink:

moondoggie30 is now in site #23 not 53

Alright Moondoggie, behave and stay in one site!! :o

Thanks to DNR they had put us in the wrong area. They had put us in Area B not A. So we will stay on site # 23. Sorry for the mess.

summit-lake.png

Map Update

If anyone knows who's in any of the red areas, let me know and I'll update it.

Anyone figure out any of the 'red' sites?

There may be unsuspecting non-cachers staying there among you guys. Won't they be surprised!

Looking at the Groundspeak site

SStone, RTJM & mybob are on site 16

and

Batman & Catwoman are at site 18.

Being a new-be, Are the Friday night activities at the campground?

Looking forward to meeting you all

Lee

I think the Friday night meet and greet will be at the County park. But I am sure that there will be plenty of socializing at the campground.

Looking at the Groundspeak site

SStone, RTJM & mybob are on site 16

and

Batman & Catwoman are at site 18.

Being a new-be, Are the Friday night activities at the campground?

Looking forward to meeting you all

Lee

Thanks! Added them to the map.

Any more?

With so many cachers camping, it would be nice if everyone made a little sign to put in their campsite telling who they were. Just a thought.

Chris-Team Shydog

With so many cachers camping, it would be nice if everyone made a little sign to put in their campsite telling who they were. Just a thought.

Chris-Team Shydog

Funny you should mention it, Chris. We've made up a little sign already that we're planning to post at our campsite. So naturally I think it's a terrific idea! :ph34r:

Alicia (1/3 of the lakedawgs crew)

Chris-Team Shydog

Funny you should mention it, Chris. We've made up a little sign already that we're planning to post at our campsite. So naturally I think it's a terrific idea! :rolleyes:

Alicia (1/3 of the lakedawgs crew)

I might have a few things to dress the place up.

.... Hmph...

I sure hope no one is planning on a Kosher weekend.

Rumors have that there will be a hog roast at camp site # 12. Anyone else hear that rumor??

If you want to hear a good story, ask Neos 1 about the time he was "volunteered" to help the Samoans roast the pig and grill Teriyaki chicken for 150 people.

Rumors have that there will be a hog roast at camp site # 12. Anyone else hear that rumor??

If you want to hear a good story, ask Neos 1 about the time he was "volunteered" to help the Samoans roast the pig and grill Teriyaki chicken for 150 people.

I was invited to a hog roast a few weeks back. I show up in tuxedo and was looking forward to seeing Dean Martin, Charlie Callas, Rich Little, etc. .... BIG mistake.

Is everyone studying up on their Trivial Pursiut Categories? State Parks, National Parks, Indiana Geograpy and Geocaching. There will be plenty of prizes for those with the right answers. See you all next weekend.

Deermark

Is everyone studying up on their Trivial Pursiut Categories? State Parks, National Parks, Indiana Geograpy and Geocaching. There will be plenty of prizes for those with the right answers. See you all next weekend.

Deermark

Won't that interfere with all the wining and wenching?

Deermark

STUDYING?!?!? There's going to be a test? Awww man, I suck at test!!

Geography? Gee, if I was good at geography, I wouldn't need a GPSr! (Or a Nuvi or a car that lets me know which direction I am traveling. Or a map!)