Hints to GPS

I'm not familiar with your GPSr, but in GSAK, in the Send to GPSr dialogue box, I use this code, %Name=10 %hint, in the "Waypoint Description Format (Comments) blank.

I also use this code:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

for the Waypoint name. That gives me a short version of the Name, the size of the container, the type of cache, then the difficulty and terrain, based on a 10-point scale. :unsure:

I'm not familiar with your GPSr, but in GSAK, in the Send to GPSr dialogue box, I use this code, %Name=10 %hint, in the "Waypoint Description Format (Comments) blank.

I also use this code:

for the Waypoint name. That gives me a short version of the Name, the size of the container, the type of cache, then the difficulty and terrain, based on a 10-point scale. :unsure:

You can get away without using a PDA if you load your GPS with all that useful info! :D Edited by TrailGators

I also use this code:

forgive the dumb question but I havent messed around with GSAK too much as I just download all caches directly to my gps......but where in GSAK would one find the send to GPSr dialogue box?

I have an Explorist 210. I've saved several cache pages to files and sent them to GPS via the geocaching manager that comes w/ the 210. No hints get transfered. What gives? (files were saved with GSAK).

Are you sure that the cache you are looking at actually has a hint? I have a 210 and I get the hint transfered using the Geocaching manager.

I also use this code:

forgive the dumb question but I havent messed around with GSAK too much as I just download all caches directly to my gps......but where in GSAK would one find the send to GPSr dialogue box?

On the main menu Click on GPS and then on Send Waypoints

Edited by Thrak