Personal Collection

South Lyon Trekkers

I have a few coins I like to keep and just show at events or cachers I meet, allowing them to discover the coins. They are listed in My Inventory. I would like to be able to separate those coins from the coins and TBs I move. A second inventory like My Collection would be a nice feature.

I've seen cachers with larger collections keep them inventoried in old events because it just overwhelms the My Inventory.

Just for some history, the concept known as Pathtags outside of Groundspeak was something mentioned by myself during a discussion about the friend functionality of the site some time ago. We're still planning to provide a "collectibles" functionality on Geocaching.com sometime soon that is eerily similar to Pathtags. These tags will of course be collectible via Geocaching.com proper. It probably won't affect the current pathtag fans but I wanted to make everyone aware of this.

Since they won't be trackable from cache to cache the cost will be similar as Pathtags. We'll also allow geocoin owners the ability to designate their coins as collectible or trackable or both. This will help folks who find the coin understand whether or not they can keep it.

Additionally we realize that many people have large collections of coins and bugs. The coins and bugs you choose to keep and not move will be able to be moved to your collected list. This allows you to keep separate buckets for those coins and bugs you don't really plan to move about.

Don't know how to do everything. This was a quote from a thread about Pathtags

I have a few coins I like to keep and just show at events or cachers I meet, allowing them to discover the coins. They are listed in My Inventory. I would like to be able to separate those coins from the coins and TBs I move. A second inventory like My Collection would be a nice feature.

I've seen cachers with larger collections keep them inventoried in old events because it just overwhelms the My Inventory.

You may have missed Jeremy's post on this subject. Help is on the way!

Any news about this?

Additionally we realize that many people have large collections of coins and bugs. The coins and bugs you choose to keep and not move will be able to be moved to your collected list. This allows you to keep separate buckets for those coins and bugs you don't really plan to move about.

I would be very much in favor of a way to record activated geocoins in my collection that are not "in the wild".

Thanks

I would be very much in favor of a way to record activated geocoins in my collection that are not "in the wild".

Thanks

I also would be in favor of a "Collections" list for coins and TBs! Will we be seeing this any time soon?

now this would be a nice feature - I would definately use it

:o:D:D

Collections! A great idea still and one to implement... here it comes... when we have the time. The good news, however, is that we're burning through bugs faster than ever with more than one dev making fixes so new features will be coming sooner than later. I wish I could give you a timeframe but you all know how that goes. I'll try to keep this one bubbled up to the top.