Santa Rosa Vacation

K-SQUARED

We will be visiting my sister-in-law in Santa Rosa (94954) in July and staying for 2 weeks.

I am looking for some suggestions for caches while we are there. I do not know the area at all.

We prefer regular caches, ammo can size or similar, so there is swag for our kids to trade. They are almost 8, nearly 6 and 2 1/2. We like difficult terrain, long hikes, beautiful areas. We put our youngest in a back pack and take her along.

Would love to hear some suggestions. Are there any bookmark lists anyone has for their top 10, or highly recommended caches for vacationers, etc?

Thanks!

- Kevin

Santa Rosa has a lot of urban and rural caches all over the area. I'm sure you could run a Pocket query (when the site is back up) and sort through what you want. The Santa Rosa area and the wine country has a pretty good selection of everything you'd ever want. Micros, smalls, regulars, everything. If you're willing to do some driving, you can head over to the Knoxville area and pick up several regulars out that way, as well as take a trip to Yountville and the wine country and get a whole slew of finds of various kinds. The area from Santa Rosa, suth to Vallejo, east to Benicia, and north back to Berryessa has easily over a few thousand caches, there are bound to be some good difficult hikes all through that area.