I wish there was a cache in ...

I thought maybe some folks have seen or had ideas about a good place to set a cache but for reasons of distance and so on, could not maintain it themselves, therefore, no cache.

How about people suggest where they would like to see a cache (generally or specifically) and maybe, just maybe, someone local might pick up on the thread and set one there?

I'll start it off by repeating what I have said in another thread, Isle of Wight, especially the ferry destinations like Yarmouth etc is in desperate need of some urban micros. (Many people visit the island for the day with no vehicle). :anitongue:

Today for farthers day one of my children bought me a book I was interested in reading called "south and west Yokshire Curiousities" by Duncan & Trevor Smith, this was recommended by cats-eyes whom gave us the SOM (sights of meaning) caches in the Derbyshire area which I enjoyed doing, now after reading this book I would like to place a cache in each of the 82 sites around Yorkshire BUT most are too far away for practical maintenance by myself, sooooooo I wish there was a cache placed at each of these sites of meaning

... in on St. Michael's Mount, near Penzance.

It's such a wonderful location (a tidal island) but easy to get to across the Causeway, or there are small boat ferries when the tide's in. It's a National Trust property, so some careful negotiations would be required, but I'm sure it would be worth it. MrsB :o

st-michaels.jpg

Borsetshire. I can't even find the county on a map, though.

Lynda has set a puzzle/multi-cache, using verse clues provided by Bert. One of the stages is on the boule-piste at the Bull, but has she asked Sid's permission?? Meanwhile over at home farm Debbie is hiding an ammo box somewhere very unusual. (cut to sounds of Brian howling).

More caches in the Trossachs, please. For such a stunning area, caches are in short supply.

We tried to place one on ben venue in the trossachs after months of discussion permission was declined. Have been looking at glen finglass but needs further investigation, hopefully it is owned by someone else.

Carol

Lynda has set a puzzle/multi-cache, using verse clues provided by Bert. One of the stages is on the boule-piste at the Bull, but has she asked Sid's permission?? Meanwhile over at home farm Debbie is hiding an ammo box somewhere very unusual. (cut to sounds of Brian howling).

:(:o

OOO a geocaching soap opera.... whens the next instalment, :D

Borsetshire? It must be somewhere near the Darrington Deliveries cache, surely?

MrsB :o

I really regret archiving one of my caches which used to be the most Easterly in the UK. I was moving house in a rush so couldn't maintain it and I didn't have the time (or the internet) to find someone to adopt it.

I would love for someone else to hide a cache at Ness Point in Lowestoft, Suffolk. Because it is the most Easterly spot in the UK I think it's a special and deserves a new hide.

I really regret archiving one of my caches which used to be the most Easterly in the UK. I was moving house in a rush so couldn't maintain it and I didn't have the time (or the internet) to find someone to adopt it.

I would love for someone else to hide a cache at Ness Point in Lowestoft, Suffolk. Because it is the most Easterly spot in the UK I think it's a special and deserves a new hide.

...here, here. That's the one I wanted to do for my 500th after I did the most westernly UK cache in Northern Ireland. Instead, I did the next easterly cache along the former railway some 0.7 miles west.

Drive-bys on the A1 in Lincolnshire so I can grab another county on my travels... in fact any caches on the A1 south of the M18 would be good!

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...d4-52420aa55f85

It would be great to be able to extend the bookmark from A1 Drive-bys: London to Edinborough (sure I just spelt that wrong) :angry:

Lincolnshire is a bit devoid of caches - Mr Chizu grew up there and he has lots of good ideas where to stick some (oo er missus) - and it's Edinburgh by the way B)

Ilfracombe, Devon... I spend every Easter there (although, not this year, much to my absolute distress) :P

And more in Harlow... I had to archive mine (my very first!) yesterday, as it has been well and truly muggled, and I can't afford to replace it at the moment... *sigh* I wish I could at least have the log book back!

Ilfracombe, Devon... I spend every Easter there (although, not this year, much to my absolute distress) :P

And more in Harlow... I had to archive mine (my very first!) yesterday, as it has been well and truly muggled, and I can't afford to replace it at the moment... *sigh* I wish I could at least have the log book back!

Ilfracombe is saturated by North Devon standards :D but I will certainly consider it.

When the Earth moved.

I saw this in the BBC history mag for March just after the quake in the east of England.

Earthquake house Perthshire,

"A tiny hut in the Perthshire countryside was once the epicentre of earthquake studies".

I thought it would make a good Earthcache site. But living in the English midlands and not many visit's North of the border I'm not able to follow it up. :P

When the Earth moved.

I saw this in the BBC history mag for March just after the quake in the east of England.

"A tiny hut in the Perthshire countryside was once the epicentre of earthquake studies".

I thought it would make a good Earthcache site. But living in the English midlands and not many visit's North of the border I'm not able to follow it up. :D

Shakin Toun takes you to the earthquake house. It had ran out of paper during that earthquake so didn't record the quake.

When the Earth moved.

I thought it would make a good Earthcache site. But living in the English midlands and not many visit's North of the border I'm not able to follow it up. :D

The good thing with an earthcache is as long as you get your facts and co-ords correct, and think of a suitable learning experience at the cache site, then you really don't have to live on the spot.

I set an earthcache last summer, it isn't far from home, but have not been to the site since, and don't really plan on doing so for the purposes of the cache ... there really is no need. :laughing:

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

... in on St. Michael's Mount, near Penzance.

It's such a wonderful location (a tidal island) but easy to get to across the Causeway, or there are small boat ferries when the tide's in. It's a National Trust property, so some careful negotiations would be required, but I'm sure it would be worth it. MrsB :huh:

st-michaels.jpg

Only yesterday a 'largish' bird mentioned to me that there might be a cache appearing on St Michael's Mount soon.

... Watch this island, folks.

MrsB B)

I'd like to see more in Northumberland in general! There's really not many at all once you get north of the A69 (if you exclude the clusters around Hardian's Wall and Kielder!). I know Northumberland if full of beautiful spots - it deserves more (if only I had the time!).

I also wish there were more caches aorund Plessy Woods (just north of Cramlington). There's only a multi at the moment but the place could have a few regular caches at places of interest and it's nice to walk around at least (and I'm terrible at multis!).

I'd like to see more in Northumberland in general! There's really not many at all once you get north of the A69 (if you exclude the clusters around Hardian's Wall and Kielder!). I know Northumberland if full of beautiful spots - it deserves more (if only I had the time!).

I also wish there were more caches aorund Plessy Woods (just north of Cramlington). There's only a multi at the moment but the place could have a few regular caches at places of interest and it's nice to walk around at least (and I'm terrible at multis!).

theres 2 caches that end in plessy woods

4 more pushchair friendly caches in the middle of Bath please, before friday!!!!!

I have one cache left on my first 'nearest to home' page that I am unlikely to find and can't take the little one to look for due to 6' high nettles. More caches to push it off the page is the only way of removing it I feel.

Otherwise I'd like a Wherigo somewhere in hampshire or berkshire.