210 topo

I installed the mapsend topo 3d on my computer then uploaded a portion of map to my Explorist 210 and it looks the same to me. In other words it does not show any of the elevation, contour lines in the map. Shouldn't it look like a topographical display on the 210 screen? Am I doing something wrong or how can I fix it to show me these things?

I installed the mapsend topo 3d on my computer then uploaded a portion of map to my Explorist 210 and it looks the same to me. In other words it does not show any of the elevation, contour lines in the map. Shouldn't it look like a topographical display on the 210 screen? Am I doing something wrong or how can I fix it to show me these things?

Did you use Magellan's Managing software? It came on the CD inside the box the 210 came in. The software converts to a file type that your 210 can read. Just copying the file to your 210 will not work.

"old" devildog

I got an Magellanexplorist 210 installation version 1.02 cd and a Magellan Mapsend Software V1.06 cd. The second one won't open on y computer at all. Is this the one?

The Mapsend CD has the free free software on it as well as the Mapsend Maps you can purchase the unlock key for from Magellan. You need to install the Geocaching Manager and the Mapsend Lite and Mapsend Manager. The Mapsend Manager is what you need to convert maps and send to your 210.You need the Mapsend lite to setup your regions to place in the 210. and you need the Geocache Manager to convert the gpx or loc files from gc.com to put on your 210. The install CD is just the drivers for Windows XP,2000, Me and '98se. Drivers for Windows Vista are not out yet! If you are using Vista (any of it many forms) then you are out of luck right now. If the CD is not loading, and showing you the software install page. then contact Magellan and let them know the CD is damaged. It is an Image. There are no files you can access. No install.exe files.

I got an Magellanexplorist 210 installation version 1.02 cd and a Magellan Mapsend Software V1.06 cd. The second one won't open on y computer at all. Is this the one?

The Mapsend CD has the free free software on it as well as the Mapsend Maps you can purchase the unlock key for from Magellan. You need to install the Geocaching Manager and the Mapsend Lite and Mapsend Manager. The Mapsend Manager is what you need to convert maps and send to your 210.You need the Mapsend lite to setup your regions to place in the 210. and you need the Geocache Manager to convert the gpx or loc files from gc.com to put on your 210. The install CD is just the drivers for Windows XP,2000, Me and '98se. Drivers for Windows Vista are not out yet! If you are using Vista (any of it many forms) then you are out of luck right now. If the CD is not loading, and showing you the software install page. then contact Magellan and let them know the CD is damaged. It is an Image. There are no files you can access. No install.exe files.