Missouri cachers what do you think?

icetoad

Missouri has a lot of interesting places that would make good virtual caches. I was thinking that we could start a series of virtual caches called Show Me Mo. Each cache would be owned by whoever got the coordinates and any permissions that might be needed. They could range from the worlds largest fork in Springfield, (I got dibs on that one.) to historical markers, buildings, etc. Any interesting location. the rules I've come up with so far are.

1. It must be virtual.

2. It must be interesting.

3. It must be family safe/friendly. (no strip clubs in St. Louis guys.)

4. There must be some sort of email proof required, such as some words off of a sign, color of a brick, whatever. It just has to be proven that someone was there.

5. The name has to begin with Show Me Mo.

what do you all think?

For further discussion, email me at icetoad@toadgarden.com

Herb

Missouri has a lot of interesting places that would make good virtual caches. I was thinking that we could start a series of virtual caches called Show Me Mo. Each cache would be owned by whoever got the coordinates and any permissions that might be needed. They could range from the worlds largest fork in Springfield, (I got dibs on that one.) to historical markers, buildings, etc. Any interesting location. the rules I've come up with so far are.

1. It must be virtual.

2. It must be interesting.

3. It must be family safe/friendly. (no strip clubs in St. Louis guys.)

4. There must be some sort of email proof required, such as some words off of a sign, color of a brick, whatever. It just has to be proven that someone was there.

5. The name has to begin with Show Me Mo.

what do you all think?

For further discussion, email me at icetoad@toadgarden.com

Herb

Can we post them on Waymarking.com instead of posting them here? That's what I have been doing.

I do and have a bunch already in SW Missouri and New Mexico and and well all over the USA, Waymarking to me is a Virtual on steroids.

Can't get much better(not the steroids).

I have wanted to mark places for years and unable to get the permission to set out a geocache.

And the maintenance is huge when you have close to 100 active.

I have over 600 active waymarks at the moment and building everyday.

Come on in it is really the same place, just a whole new way of thinking.

You ought to see the new Google Earth KMZ for Waymarks.

icetoad,

I think this is a great idea. I'm very interested in history and find this idea more appealing than bushwhacking - I hate snakes, ticks, and poison ivy! I'd be willing to add a site or 2 of local interest. Just let me know where to "post" them.

chalkdusty

Sorry I haven't posted this sooner. My only excuse is that I've been busier than a cat covering s**t on a marble floor. We've begun a Waymarking group called show me mo. The goal is to set up a category of waymarks that highlight what's cool about Missouri. At least that's how I see it. If anyone wants to join and be a contributing member, just let me know. It's going slow, but it is going. Eventually we'll have to vote on at least one category. My email addy is icetoad@toadgarden.com if you have more questions.

thanks for all your replies.

Herb