GeoTags V2 - The Next Generation of Personal Coins

AtwellFamily

After a very successful opening run on the market, this will now be a continuing run. I have updated the sales page to better inform everyone of the product. GeoTags

These are TRACKABLE personal geocoins. To keep the cost down one side is the same for all of these designs. There is be a single icon for these and a unique prefix 'GT'. Same icon and prefix as v1. (see back design thread here).

Here are a few samples of the finished product. If you are interested please complete the online form. All question are welcome, please post here.

geotag2.jpg

Also holding cointest for new back see this thread.

*duplicate thread ok since it is a secrond run and new version, per FSM.

I tried to work with Jake from Coin Swag but in the end the complications from him using my supplier were to much for us to figure out. Issues with minting company and who's account and dies and such. Therefore I am pleased to announce I will continue to support the product as well providing the opportunity for new designs..

Original customers will be getting an email with more informaiton.

There will be a new thread for the next production run (see here).

Thanks again for your opening orders I hope we can do more.

Mike

Still working on the transistion. If things fall apart on moving these to CoinSwag I will put it together for those who want to get some made.

Two other comments...

1. It would help to know how many are interested for Jake or myself. So while both sites don't have anything posted please post your interest here.

Yes! My wife and I were both working with a designer to get artwork done and we still want to each have our own tags made! We have heard that our artwork is nearing completion so this sounds very nice to us...

Hey, Mike. Was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

On the previous thread there was a post by either you or Jake( don't remember), about trying to get the cost down from $215.00 to $150.00. I see now that for a started kit the cost is $235.00. I was wondering if you could explain the even higher cost.

Another question is will there be large orders made like you did with the first and second batch of tags? I would be dissappointed to spend a bunch of money to later find out that I could have gotten into a batch and saved a bunch of money.

Also, I saw that you are offering are designing a new back to the tags. Will buyers be able to choose the back that they want or will the original design only be available to the original two batches?

Thanks for all of your hard work.

See answers below:

Hey, Mike. Was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

On the previous thread there was a post by either you or Jake( don't remember), about trying to get the cost down from $215.00 to $150.00. I see now that for a started kit the cost is $235.00. I was wondering if you could explain the even higher cost.

The cost was going to be $150 for 25 tags and $215 for 50. In the first orders most got at least 50 so I decided to make that the min. Easier on me. The difference between $215 and $235 is shipping which was not included in the original number and a mold fee since I don't have a group of 20 or more at one time.

Another question is will there be large orders made like you did with the first and second batch of tags? I would be dissappointed to spend a bunch of money to later find out that I could have gotten into a batch and saved a bunch of money.

Right now I have heard from a few people but will try and wait till I have at least 4-5 before I place the first order. I am traveling for the next 2 weeks so It will be difficult to do this all during that time but I will try. If I get a larger request I will put a group together and the price could come down by about $15 each for a group of 20 or more. Let your friends know and you could all save.

Also, I saw that you are offering are designing a new back to the tags. Will buyers be able to choose the back that they want or will the original design only be available to the original two batches?

Original buyers can get the original the new can get the new, working on offering both to the original buyers, checking with mint. This is different than what I posted in another thread, want to cover myself on this.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Hope these help, Would like to see more people get in on this even though the work is a lot.

Edited by Atwell Family

Was there a price change?

The 1st edition coins were $189.25 for 50 ($3.78 each), the 2nd edition starter kit (50 coins) cost is $235.00 ($4.70 a coin). (that's going back thru the thread).

The prices quoted here a closed to accurate. One difference is shipping is included in the new pricing. And as I said from the beginning of the origial project, it was direct to mint pricing, no room for error (I actually lost a bit due to errors, my part and others). This obviously has a bit of wiggle room and some profit for the work invovled.

Was there a price change?

The 1st edition coins were $189.25 for 50 ($3.78 each), the 2nd edition starter kit (50 coins) cost is $235.00 ($4.70 a coin). (that's going back thru the thread).

There are two components to the price change. Shipping is included now and profit. I offered direct to mint pricing and now I am not. This continues to be a lot of work and I need to get something for my time.

This is a better deal then the other smaller tags on the market. These are trackable (add$1.50) and bigger add ?. Most of the tag starter kits are between $90-$100 add tracking that is $240-250, not including the size difference.

Edited by Atwell Family

Life has been busy and I am trying to complete the orders I have in had. I am not a coin company and can not continue this particular item. So a few things have changed:

1. This will be my last group of 'new' orders.

2. I will be taking re-orders on a quarterly bases (provided I can get orders totaling 500 coins) and send out email when those will be done.

3. The original back will be used on all designs.

4. I will be going to mint by end of month. Please send any orders you may have been on-the-fence about.

Sorry for the changes, I just don't have the time to continue this project on an open bases. If anyone wish to contact me to take this on, please email.

Thanks

Mike

Life has been busy and I am trying to complete the orders I have in had. I am not a coin company and can not continue this particular item. So a few things have changed:

1. This will be my last group of 'new' orders.

2. I will be taking re-orders on a quarterly bases (provided I can get orders totaling 500 coins) and send out email when those will be done.

3. The original back will be used on all designs.

4. I will be going to mint by end of month. Please send any orders you may have been on-the-fence about.

Sorry for the changes, I just don't have the time to continue this project on an open bases. If anyone wish to contact me to take this on, please email.

Thanks

Mike

Sorry to read #1 - I think it is a very important project for giving people a platform to launch from... That said, I can understand why you are doing it.

Is there anything that others can help out with to lessen the load on you even if only a little each, or is it (as I suspect) a project that can only cope with one person driving the entire thing?

Thanks for doing this Mike. It is very much appreciated.

keewee

I'm also sad to hear #1. If I wasn't so busy with school and preparing to go on a 2 week trip I might have submitted one or two new designs to get in under the wire, but unfortunately there's too much to do and not enough time (which I guess is your problem too Mike :anitongue:).

Thanks Mike for taking on this for so long; I know it became a lot bigger than you had intended. I'll get my reorder payment in today.

Hi Mike,

How many new GeoTags were produced this time around? I'm hoping a few more people managed to get in on it.

And, was there any sort of e.t.a. on when they'd be ready? Are all (new and re-orders) being shipped as one batch from the mint, or seperately?

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Mike,

How many new GeoTags were produced this time around? I'm hoping a few more people managed to get in on it.

And, was there any sort of e.t.a. on when they'd be ready? Are all (new and re-orders) being shipped as one batch from the mint, or seperately?

Cheers,

Craig

There were 2 more designs but with reorders the total order was 550 tags. Order didn't go until this week, I was gone and also waiting for payment from a few people.

They will all ship together I hope by the end of the month. When it gets closer I will have ETA.

Hi Mike,

Cheers,

Craig

There were 2 more designs but with reorders the total order was 550 tags. Order didn't go until this week, I was gone and also waiting for payment from a few people.

They will all ship together I hope by the end of the month. When it gets closer I will have ETA.

Cool - thanks for the update.

I spent some time last week activating most of the different GeoTags that I acquired from trades, etc and then dropped all 15 into our GeocoinFest Aotearoa event. People really appreciated seeing them all and what could be done with just 4 colors, use of recessed/raised metal and some ingenuity. A few people asked about pricing, etc and there were a couple of inquiries about how to get them made. Will be passing on those details to those who asked.

I spent some time last week activating most of the different GeoTags that I acquired from trades, etc and then dropped all 15 into our GeocoinFest Aotearoa event. People really appreciated seeing them all and what could be done with just 4 colors, use of recessed/raised metal and some ingenuity. A few people asked about pricing, etc and there were a couple of inquiries about how to get them made. Will be passing on those details to those who asked.

I was waiting for the second group of coins. I added polishing before plating and it made a real difference. No extra charge to this group.

I will be updateing my website and opening up for orders again. I have gotten lots of request and wanted to add new picture and information before I posted.

should be available later this week.

I was waiting for the second group of coins. I added polishing before plating and it made a real difference. No extra charge to this group.

I will be updateing my website and opening up for orders again. I have gotten lots of request and wanted to add new picture and information before I posted.

should be available later this week.

Awesome - the nickel coins will be shining!! I can't wait!

I do wish I'd got some more bronze ones too - to send traveling. Oh well, next time.

Thanks for the update Mike.