Drug Scares

i have an official log by the INS in one of my caches, complete with their contribution of their medallion. they removed it, checked it, and put it back.

a friend of mine heard about it from a friend of a friend down at the post office. it's a small town thing.

the cache is less than a quarter of a mile from the border, a long ways down a dead-end road that parallels the border.

We found a stump filled to the top with stolen prescription drugs still in their packaging. The police appreciated the call as it was less than 100 feet from a playground.

We've also reported many different Meth labs during CITO events over the years. My guess is geocachers find more actual drug stashes than caches are reported as drug stashes.

Edited by Jeremy

I found a crack pipe while searching for a cache once. I then proceeded to rapidly depart the area.

We found a very ornate crack pipe in JAX one time in the same planter box the cache was supposed to be in. I thought it was a faucet handle from the fancy place it was in front of. When I got it to the car I was corrected as to what it was.

Friend of mine got back from GW5 to a message on his answering machine; LEO wanted to talk with him about the drug paraphernalia he'd been seen leaving in the woods behind a grocery store. Someone saw him do it, and took down his tag #.

I tell ya, when you're out scoring drugs (or geocaching) you just hafta use some stealth...

Edited by Isonzo Karst