deaf awareness geocoin

deafnut

Hey I just found my first Geocoin and it is the Deaf Awareness Geocoin!!!!!! I used to sign quite a bit when I lived in Colorado and considered becoming ASL interpreter. My daughter just started her first ASL class today in High School. So this coin has a personal connection to me. I will drop it off later this month when I go camping in another part of the state.

It is very nice your connection to the community and finding this coin. Also very nice to hear that your daughter's high school actually offers a class in ASL. That is very cool!

Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top - I don't think the cacher who started this thread has been around on the forum for a while. Miss them. Maybe this will be a nudge.

Cache on - cache happy!

Are these still in production or for sale anywhere? All I could find was some on eBay at some higher prices. I'm Deaf myself, and had a Deaf summer hire at my work this past summer. He got the Geocaching bug from me, and now caches himself, wanted to pick up the coin as a "going away" gift.

Edited by nighthawk700

Are these still in production or for sale anywhere? All I could find was some on eBay at some higher prices. I'm Deaf myself, and had a Deaf summer hire at my work this past summer. He got the Geocaching bug from me, and now caches himself, wanted to pick up the coin as a "going away" gift.

I believe these were sold through geoswag.com. I just checked through their site and didn't see them available there this morning. You might want to contact them directly and ask if they just might have one left...