Grammatical ERROR

GeoCRAt

Has anyone noticed the grammatical ERROR on the Geoswag.com 7th anniversary coin? See this website - - - http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/pre34.html - - - where it says "Geocaching celebrates it's 7 year anniversary".

As we know, it's (with the apostrophe) is short for "it is", whereas its (without the apostrophe) indicates possession.

Surely someone checked the coin for errors prior to it being minted.

Maybe it's (it is) the accountant in me - striving for perfection!!

Later.

GeoCRAt.

yes, we saw it to. but it was to late to change it. We work to catch all the errors but looking at coins all days we sometimes miss items.

For those part of the Coin and Pin Club, they got the same error coin, just a micro version. Since it was a Gift, we wont be making anymore of those.

For those that bought it on the website, the coin is posted as is. We will be making one which is correct and re-posting it. But as many people know, it takes time.

Thanks!!!!

Who is responsibel for cheking speling on the coinz that arr prodused? The deziner, the custumr or the coinne produser? :) Seriously though, where does the buck stop?

You know, things slip by because people aren't thinking about checking grammar and spelling, they're thinking about making sure the die is good and the colors are right, or whatever was wrong the last time being correct this time. I'm a big believer in check lists because of this kind of thing - and for a good reason.

I will forever have pink cheeks over missing the misspelling of "Challenge" on the Texas Challenge '05 t-shirt design - even though it wasn't really my responsibility. I had some say over the layout because we got a sponsor that year, and there was a disagreement over how much room they should get on the shirt. So, I looked at layout, and that's ALL I looked at. I nearly dropped dead when I saw all the people standing in line for their Barbecue and saw "Texas Challange" on the top of their chests!

Now people jokingly talk about the Texas "sha-LANghe" (as if it were French) because of that boo-boo. Many of us have actually taken a Sharpie to the shirt and corrected the spelling! :) LOL

Having said that, I think the buck stops firmly on the artist's desk. They ALWAYS have the last check. They approve the artwork, they approve sample coins. I'm not saying that a coin broker should NOT point out a mistake; I would be GRATEFUL if they pointed one out on MY coin. I'm just saying that if you are the one who says "Make it so!" on a coin minting, then you better not have a beef with Number One if someone hits you in the starboard nacelle, know what I mean? :)

Happy Trails!

I was responsible for making wooden nickels to support our big annual event. I did artwork and posted it on our forum, and there was lots of discussion and changing. When everybody liked it, I had a rubber stamp made, then made a bunch of samples in time for a pub night event.

It was only then that somebody pointed out the date said June 2, 2006 for an event taking place in 2007. Oops.

Has anyone noticed the grammatical ERROR on the Geoswag.com 7th anniversary coin? See this website - - - http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/pre34.html - - - where it says "Geocaching celebrates it's 7 year anniversary".

As we know, it's (with the apostrophe) is short for "it is", whereas its (without the apostrophe) indicates possession.

Later.

GeoCRAt.

Why, for the life of me, can't people just enjoy a coin for it's design features and quality craftsmanship and not nit pick every little facet of it :)

So what! I screwed up and put an apostrophe where it shouldn't have been. :)

I was more concerned with designing a nice looking coin that I thought people would have enjoyed seeing and adding to their collection.

I was really proud of this coin and how it turned out. :)

Sorry that my grammatical skills aren't up to par. (25 years since my last English class in high school)

I honestly thought that it's was the possesive version to use.

After all it is Geocaching's Anniversary.

My apologies to Oakcoins for not doing better. (corrected art being sent as soon as I finish here).

D-man :)

P.S. - If I have any grammatical ERRORS in my post here please feel free to let me know and I'll use the nice little edit feature provided to correct it and make it more acceptable. :)

Later.

GeoCRAt.

Why, for the life of me, can't people just enjoy a coin for it's design features and quality craftsmanship and not nit pick every little facet of it :)

So what! I screwed up and put an apostrophe where it shouldn't have been. :)

I was more concerned with designing a nice looking coin that I thought people would have enjoyed seeing and adding to their collection.

I was really proud of this coin and how it turned out. :)

Sorry that my grammatical skills aren't up to par. (25 years since my last English class in high school)

I honestly thought that it's was the possesive version to use.

After all it is Geocaching's Anniversary.

My apologies to Oakcoins for not doing better. (corrected art being sent as soon as I finish here).

D-man :)

P.S. - If I have any grammatical ERRORS in my post here please feel free to let me know and I'll use the nice little edit feature provided to correct it and make it more acceptable. :)

I was so busy looking at how GREAT the coin design was that I never even noticed D-Man. Of course, I'm not a English major either.

Keep up the EXCELENT work Gridlox!

Why, for the life of me, can't people just enjoy a coin for it's design features and quality craftsmanship and not nit pick every little facet of it :o

Did it again!

No offense, I just think that's funny. :(

By the way, that's a great looking coin that I would love to have, with or without the spelling issue.