Cache listing map

PapaDean

I've searched for messages on this subject and not found anything quite matching. Sorry if I missed it.

When I display a cache listing with the new format, instead of the former small, low detail map on the lower right part of the page, I have a tiny square. Recently, a row of underlined numbers, 1-10, have been added. When I click the little square icon, I don't go to a map of the cache listing, I get a map of Seattle with some caches marked on the street map and a column listing them on the right. It's always Seattle. I like Seattle, but none of the caches I've looked into recently have been within 700 miles of the Emerald City.

I use mozilla as my browser and have no idea how I've got my java settings.

To Raine and others, Thanks for all your hard work to give us such a terrific web site and keep it working smoothly, and usually quickly. Over the years as a manager, I've been surprised at the variety of responses to change. An amazing number of people are very unsettled by change, even if it produces something better for them in the long run. Keep up the good work. In time, those who don't like change will be defending what you've developed today and once again asking you to leave it alone.

PapaDean

Thank you for the Complements PapaDean.. Once I get fired for so many complaints I'll send you my resume :mad:

On a non-funny side, what browser/os are you using?

-Raine

Mozilla, Windows XP (maybe pro) but no vista. (A hearty thank you to whomever first suggested not installing version X.0 of any Microsoft product)

We just upgraded our hardware and half of the software at work. I think that as a result the IT guy is mostly used up, so we may have an opening. How do you feel about wearing long underwear 9 months of the year? :D

We just upgraded our hardware and half of the software at work. I think that as a result the IT guy is mostly used up, so we may have an opening. How do you feel about wearing long underwear 9 months of the year? :)

IT and development are much different things. Raine is a developer. (kinda offensive for a programmer to get lumped in with IT support, which is a much less skilled - and lower paying - role)

Edited by benh57

I wonder if you have an aggressive ad blocking application running in your browser. The maps are served off-site and could be blocked by a 3rd party application. Your browser should be fine with the maps otherwise.

Sorry if I gave offense at the offer, Raine. I was describing the supreme, and most highly paid, technology position in our humble institution, not meaning any disrespect.

I ran Adaware earlier today, removed the only significant item and still don't get anything but the tiny square is still there and it still takes me to the waterfront.

Imagine my surprise to log in, go to an impossible cache I'm watching and there on the screen is a really nice Yahoo map! When I click on the underlined number 10, it zooms out. How cool is that!

I don't know who did what, but I'm very appreciative.

PapaDean