State Coins

Turtletoes/Biggie

Indiana has a 2007 edition in the works right now. Just waiting on the coin company to send samples for approval. Check with indianageocaching.com for more details (or the Midwest forums has a thread).

There may still be a few 2006 coins left as well. I haven't checked on them lately.

Edited by Neos2

Hawai`i has the Geohana Hawai`i coin out now. It was designed with input from a bunch of Hawai`i cachers.

The Geohana coin was designed and produced by Crake at the request of us Hawai'i cachers. You can still buy the antique silver version on his website. We also have a few of the antique gold (Hawaii Resident version) available for trade.

jrr

I think the only way SD will get one done is if I do it myself and I can't foot the bill for that right now, if ever. And I would prefer input from other cachers so it gives a fair representation of the east and west sides of the state.

Been trying to get a coin going with other state cachers but.........well, we are slow going overall in the caching world. I'll broach it again when we get together to plan the next event.

Slightly related - I did a GeoTag with Mt. Rushmore on it - so for now I guess that is the closest we have come. That and the Extravaganza for the Totally Insane coin which mentions SD as part of (I believe) a 7-state caching run.

What about Idaho, Maine, Montana,

New Hampshire, North Dakota? Looking for trackable

coins. Not the Appalachian Trail. I have most of those.

Thanks,

There was suppose to be a Montana coin in the work but I haven't seen any updates over the past month, so no clue to what happened there <_<

There was suppose to be a Montana coin in the work but I haven't seen any updates over the past month, so no clue to what happened there :smile:

Patience, patience.

We've been told that the Montana coins are in the works and I'm sure that's the case. So for folks looking for another state coin to add to their collection, hang on a little longer.