Printer Friendly, Great concept

Richard E

I noticed the new "print friendly" pages just last night. Can I suggest that the invariant text and images be minimized? For example, a lot of people use "print friendly" with intent of saving costs of color ink cartridges. Signal and the corporate logo are part of the branding process, but they really don't make the page very print friendly. Similarly the "you must agree to the thing you already agreed to" and "this is what a cache is" on every page is kind of a drag.

Nice job on reducing the dependency upon tables for layout, BTW.

I noticed the new "print friendly" pages just last night. Can I suggest that the invariant text and images be minimized? For example, a lot of people use "print friendly" with intent of saving costs of color ink cartridges. Signal and the corporate logo are part of the branding process, but they really don't make the page very print friendly. Similarly the "you must agree to the thing you already agreed to" and "this is what a cache is" on every page is kind of a drag.

Nice job on reducing the dependency upon tables for layout, BTW.

the images were kept to a minimum.. I think if some is really trying to save ink they will use draft mode on the printer.

Also most browsers don't print background colors so only the icon really gets printed out.

-Raine

I'm at a loss here..

I tired all three of those caches.

I tried them on an XP machine with IE 7, Firefox 2.1 and 3.0b5, Opera 9.1 and Safari XP

I also tried them on my Mac Book Pro with Firefox 2.1, Safari and Camino.

They all worked properly.

So, Richard and SwissPoPo what OS and Browser are you using?

-Raine

Can you give me some example caches to look at?

-Raine

For example GC13KZ1. The image disappears along with the items I mentioned.

I have also tried your cache. I got the same problem.

I Use XP SP2 IE 7 (fully patched, incl. June 2007)

I have tried Firefox 2.0 ... and it worsk fine (all 3 caches). :D

I really like the new format and being allowed to choose what section I want to print. I haven't had any problems at this time. Putting the distance from home back would be nice.

One suggestion: Where the TB's are listed. Instead of a list across the page, we really liked the list down the page. The reason is we can then write notes to ourselves about TB's goals, possibly missing from cache, etc. With the list across the page, there is no room to write if there are lots of Tb's listed in the cache. Examples would be TB hotels. You can use our cache GCK8ZV as an example.

Thanks for the great work and listening to our suggestions.

Wow, I can hide images from my printer. This new concept also hides...

cache name:

placed by:

coordinates:

size:

difficulty:

terrain:

Am I doing somethong wrong? I am using IE-7

Very interesting. For GCYZ23 the same happens for me. But if I select hide the pictures then all the above mentioned information is there.

XP SP2, IE7.

Using Opera all is ok.