Garmin ?

My father is looking for a GPS unit for his car. He is more interested in the automotive GPS. He needs something that is ready to navigate right out of the box, no maps to download to it (he is not very computer savory). I was looking at the Garmin C530.

Can anyone share if this would be the unit for him, and if anyone has experience with this model, what do you think of it?

Thanks,

The Miller Family

Hello Miller Family. We currently have the Garmin nuvi 350 and we LOVE it. We had originally bought it just for car navigation. It is really easy to use and ready right out of the box. It was only after we had bought it and used it for quite some time that someone mentioned geocaching and now we use it for both.

The garmin nuvi has easy to use controls, voice prompts which guide you along and voices that are really easy to hear. We did buy a thing from Radio Shack that allows the voices to come through the stereo speakers and override the radio so that we can always hear the Garmin.

Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions. I would be glad to answer them.

Darcy

darcynurse@yahoo.com