The Birds are Back!

UOTrackers

Birds of A Feather Project

bird02.jpgbird01.jpg

We put this project on hold until after Geowoodstock. We have revisited the pricing and minimum order.

Here are the details:

1. For the first 50 coins the price is $250 + $10 one time set-up fee to customize the text.

Additional coins are $4.75 each.

2. You can customize the colors and the back text.

3. The coin will have a unique icon.

4. No two sets will have the same color scheme.

Coin Stats:

1.75 inches tall

3.0 mm thick

Choice of Gold or Nickel Finish

Trackable at www.geocaching.com

Unique Icon.

To get all of the details click HERE

Edit: Please NOTE this is a Hog Wild Stuff Project, it was merely my idea!

Please also NOTE Creation of this new Thread was approved by Groundspeak.

Edited by UOTrackers

Wow...for $5.25 you can get yourself a sparkly new 1" GeoJelly with 1 color OR for $5.00 you can get yourself a way cool 5 colors 1.75" personalized Geocoin Bird?

GREAT deal! B)

*Edited to correct the Jellie price...

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Wow...for $5.15 you can get yourself a sparkly new 1" GeoJelly with 1 color OR for $5.00 you can get yourself a way cool 5 colors 1.75" personalized Geocoin Bird?

GREAT deal! B)

Wow. Some people will speak about anything, including that which they have no clue about.

Cool bird. How is the back customized text applied?

Wow. Some people will speak about anything, including that which they have no clue about.

I'm sorry...my bad...I quoted a lower price than what you charged for the Jellies...

It will have a black nickel finish as soppsed to the shiney silver nickel finsh on the first one. Coins will be $5.25 a piece with a minimum order of 20 beans. Flavors are completely open and up to you. This is not a continuation but rather a new run of these coins so anything that happened with the first bean, stays with the first bean.

I'm sorry...my bad...I quoted a lower price than what you charged for the Jellies...

Psst. You missed the whole thing about the 3 laser engravings per coin.

I guess you never spent much time at the fruit stand since you don't know the difference between apples and oranges.

Sorry to UOTrackers for this thread going off course so quickly. Maybe A&T will choose to refrain from making statements and trying to derail this thread further by taking shots at other coins. I will try to stay out of this thread unless it is on topic. Again I am sorry and am curious as to what method the text is being placed on the coin.

Edited by pghlooking

Psst. You missed the whole thing about the 3 laser engravings per coin.

I guess you never spent much time at the fruit stand since you don't know the difference between apples and oranges.

Still doesn't erase the fact that you have a bogger coin with more colors that is cheaper.

How about you getting over it? Facts are facts.

Arhhhhhhhhhhhh.... to many projects... too little money! <_<

Wish I was doing this one, but will have to pass. Maybe I can trade for one.

What keewee01 said!!! :(

However, I do have a couple questions, in case I should be able to come up with a few hundred $$s:

Are glitters and translucents going to ba available or just opaque enamels? How bout texturing (that would show thru a translucent enamel) on the side you customize?

CF30

How is the back customized text applied?

I don't see this answered anywhere yet.

I think that is what the $10 set up fee is for. I am guessing they are doing some type of screening on the coin rather than the laser engraving which costs more. That would be one way to help keep the costs down on the coin.

I know from dealing with another coin that when you start adding laser engraves onto the coin the price starts going up quickly per engraving.

I think that is what the $10 set up fee is for. I am guessing they are doing some type of screening on the coin rather than the laser engraving which costs more. That would be one way to help keep the costs down on the coin.

I know from dealing with another coin that when you start adding laser engraves onto the coin the price starts going up quickly per engraving.

So, soft enamel with black silkscreen on the top. Could you pick the color silkscreen you would like, if that is how the text is being added?

So, soft enamel with black silkscreen on the top. Could you pick the color silkscreen you would like, if that is how the text is being added?

I am just taking a stab at it since it has gone unanswered both times I have asked. Starting to think it's something personal <_< Don't hold my guess as anything but that, a guess.

I did all the putting together and saw all the art but did not get see one little birdie. So I am holding out hope you folks want to share a picture.

OK, call me a cheater if you want, but here is a link to a picture of our birds. I don't happen to have any pictures yet, but I hope to get some in the future. I hope that this at least gives an idea of what they look like.

ClickChik & GeekBoy.from.Illinois birds (in a gift package)

I got my birds, but there was a mistake on the wording and Sharon has been gracious enough to take care of them for me. However, what I saw, I liked. They are so cute. I can't wait to get them again.

I would love to post some pictures of them, but I have no clue how to do that. If there is anyone out there that can give me some DETAILED information as to how to do that, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have enjoyed the birds so much I expect my own flight next week.

I have been lucky enough to trade for some and just get some in the mail from fantastic cachers. I thought I would share a little mix of the birds that I have. 0354efcb-7c83-43ed-b2bf-f9a5d679497a.jpg

There's some great birds there :D

Where do you find the owners to do trades? - if you dont mind me asking that is. We would dearly love to trade some of ours.

? I got charged a nickel per coin to add 2nd engraving site - unfilled. posibly goes way up if you want enamel in it.

Edited by forthferalz

? I got charged a nickel per coin to add 2nd engraving site - unfilled. posibly goes way up if you want enamel in it.

That was then, this is now... the mint charges $0.25 to $0.40 per engraving now. :(