No option to EDIT a trackable item's page

creacher

Just noticed this today, but if I look at the page for one of my trackable items (geocoin), there is no option to EDIT the item's listing.

Only options are: Add a Log Entry, Upload a Picture, Print Info Sheet, and View in Google Earth.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have logged out of GC and back in, refreshed the page, etc, all with no luck.

Yep, bunch of people in the TB forum reporting it.
Good, I'm not losing my mind then. I had been playing with Greasemonkey scripts for Firefox to change the default look/feel to the site and thought I inadvertently wiped out the edit link.

BlueDeuce, is there a story behind your Avatar? I found it's twin in a cache in NJ.

Well this morning I decided to take over all the trackables for my own.. but then Jeremy slapped my wrist and made me give them all back.

Should be working fine now.

-Raine

LOL - good one Raine! B)

Can you imagine your inventory list though?! :lol:

What puzzels me is that they don't test this before it's put into production. Then on the other hand, maybe it is what's called a production test. I have seen it before. B)

I worked for an insurance company once.. where we released on a 8 month cycle, and NOTHING was implemented for those 8 months.

I'm sure if we had more then a couple resources and only 2 or 3 things that worked on this site we would live in a perfect world.

-Raine

What puzzels me is that they don't test this before it's put into production. Then on the other hand, maybe it is what's called a production test. I have seen it before. :unsure:

I'm sure if we had more then a couple resources and only 2 or 3 things that worked on this site we would live in a perfect world.
even in an imperfect world, a "lack of resources" and a "full feature set" are not good reasons to skip a proper QA. Any time I'm asked to hurry things I simply ask "do you want it now... or do you want it right?" :rolleyes:

Obviously, ExTechOp, I either can't type straight, otr else I can't process simple instructions. I did your hack and got an error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe it isn't me, after all. I tried to log out and log back in, to start over fresh, and now I'm getting a general network error. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice :laughing:

Obviously, ExTechOp, I either can't type straight, otr else I can't process simple instructions. I did your hack and got an error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe it isn't me, after all. I tried to log out and log back in, to start over fresh, and now I'm getting a general network error. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice :laughing:
The whole geocaching site is kinda wonky at the moment, maybe that's it.

Now there's a site problem.

Check the "Is the site down?" thread.

Yes we are seeing this problem as well. Quite a surprise when I went to edit my TB page. I thought maybe my lack of coffee this morning had caused me to not see where this feature moved to.

Nice to find that I'm not the only one! :D