Drogheda Ireland

Hello,

My wife and I will be visiting from the US in August. We thought time permitting we'd do a some geocaching and even bring along a geocoin we've recently acquired from here in the states. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

(Direct email at cooper1985@verizon.net)

Hi

I stayed in Drogheda on the Spring Exinox. Im sure I just spelt that wrong :)

I was only there 2 or 3 days so didnt get much caching in atall but noticed that there were some really beautiful Boyne River cache walks that I would have liked to do. I picked up a few trads round the areas that I visited which I was thrilled at. The Hill of Tara, Hill of Witches, Dowth and there was one more which I cant remember off hand. I nearly got the Newgrange cache but as it is located in the car park which was shutting I was peeved because I was literally feet away from it. I vowed I would go back with my family who would love the area for its spiritual and historical places of interest and to get that bloomin' Newgrange cache :)

I know you will fall in love with the area because it is fairy magickal :)

Vanya

PS Are you staying in that lovely B and B beside the Dowth mound? It is a well known B and B run by a lady called Elizabeth and I highly recommend it. I slept in the same bed as many famous Irish pop stars :)

Hi

I stayed in Drogheda on the Spring Exinox. Im sure I just spelt that wrong B)

I was only there 2 or 3 days so didnt get much caching in atall but noticed that there were some really beautiful Boyne River cache walks that I would have liked to do. I picked up a few trads round the areas that I visited which I was thrilled at. The Hill of Tara, Hill of Witches, Dowth and there was one more which I cant remember off hand. I nearly got the Newgrange cache but as it is located in the car park which was shutting I was peeved because I was literally feet away from it. I vowed I would go back with my family who would love the area for its spiritual and historical places of interest and to get that bloomin' Newgrange cache B)

I know you will fall in love with the area because it is fairy magickal :D

Vanya

PS Are you staying in that lovely B and B beside the Dowth mound? It is a well known B and B run by a lady called Elizabeth and I highly recommend it. I slept in the same bed as many famous Irish pop stars :lol:

Glad to see you enjoyed the cache's in Windsockerland there's a lot more there now for your next visit :D

Pm sent to kr3lc :)

You will be made more than welcome to Ireland both north and south. being that you are staying in a border area you will be able to get caches in both Ireland and the UK. so if you like adding countries to your caching resume this will help.

Being a smallish island you will probably think all our caches are within driving distance compared to the states B)

You will be made more than welcome to Ireland both north and south. being that you are staying in a border area you will be able to get caches in both Ireland and the UK. so if you like adding countries to your caching resume this will help.

Being a smallish island you will probably think all our caches are within driving distance compared to the states B)

Glad to see you enjoyed the cache's in Windsockerland there's a lot more there now for your next visit :P

Pm sent to kr3lc :anitongue:

I can't wait for my next visit. It sure is a beautiful place B)

When I come back it will be with a tent as there are a few places that Id like to go next time B)