WI_Robin personal geocoin

WI_Robin

The winner of the icon contest is...................................................... Tokencollector! Now I just have to decide which one to choose!! Thanks to everyone who submitted an icon!! Tadpole, CinemaBoxers and Mamid - please send me your snail mail for your consolation prize :o .

I have finished a very busy week/weekend and hope to have pre-sale/reservation information online tomorrow. I will also be looking at the trade requests that I have received so far and getting back to people. Keep an eye out here for more information soon.

The winner of the icon contest is...................................................... Tokencollector! Now I just have to decide which one to choose!! Thanks to everyone who submitted an icon!! Tadpole, CinemaBoxers and Mamid - please send me your snail mail for your consolation prize :o .

PM Sent

The winner of the icon contest is...................................................... Tokencollector! Now I just have to decide which one to choose!!

The one with the state behind it cause it makes the robin stand out more against a white BG. Also keep the egg as the 16x16. It's such a cute idea :o

I was going to post new pictures tonight, but I forgot the cord to connect my camera to the computer. :signalviolin: Look for updated pictures tomorrow!

I am starting reservations. What I will have available for sale will be Antique Silver pairs and Antique Gold pairs. Each pair is a regular 2" WI coin and a matching (silver or gold) 1.25" micro egg. Each pair sells for $14.50 plus $2.00 shipping on the first pair and additional 50 cents each for any other pairs.

I will also have complete sets available with include an Antique Silver pair, and Antique gold pair and a LE Copper/glitter pair (only 50 minted). These complete 6 coin sets sell for $43.50 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. The LE copper pairs are only available as a part of the complete set.

International shipping is an additional $1.00.

I am going to take reservations and send out invoices as I have time. You may receive an invoice soon, but no payment is required until I have been told that the coins have been shipped from the mint. I will send reminders to those who have not paid at that time. I am hoping to have the coins by the week of the 17th, but that may be being optimistic!

If you wish to reserve a coin please e-mail me at wisconsin_robin@yahoo.com with the following information:

1. Full Name

2. UserID

3. E-Mail Address

4. Paypal Address

5. Requested Metals and Quantity

Thanks for your interest in my personal geocoin! - Robin

Thanks to all who have made reservations for my personal coins! Only 25 of the complete sets are still available. This is the only way to get the LE copper/glitter coins if you want them. So get your reservations in now while you still can.

I will not be re-minting any of these coins. It's a very complicated coin to make. It is 3-D under the translucent, colored hard enamal. It took a couple of sets of samples and a lot of work on behalf of The Caching Place to get this finished product. The manufacturing process is very difficult, (each color is baked on in a separate process) and there is a high amount of breakage. Do to this they had to make the coin thicker and increased the price over $1 each. The price increase only affects me as far as the XLE's are concerned, the Caching Place is honoring their origianal quote to me on the RE and LE coins that I had already obtained a quote for. I am holding my breath, hoping that the finished product turns out as well as the samples!

So total production for this coin will be: 100 each of the antique silver and antique gold, 50 copper/glitter and 30 XLE's that I will be trade only. Get your reservations in now, because once they are gone, they're gone!

Edited by WI_Robin

I posted way back in the beginning that I wanted to buy or trade, but I don't think I heard back. Do I have a reservation in? If not, what do I need to do?

Hi danoshimano - I do not have you down for a reservation, but we can fix that if you e-mail me the pertinent information.

I have sent e-mails back to people who have e-mailed me the information requested on this page for reserving a geocoin pair or set. If you have not received an e-mail from me I don't have your reservation. I think I have been in contact with most people who have e-mailed me to propose trades, but I am still working out the details on some. If you are interested in proposing a trade please e-mail me with the details. I will check through my list of reservations and see if there is anyone else who has expressed interest in the forums, but has not yet made an actual reservation. I did e-mail the people who e-mailed me before I opened reservations that I was opening reservations.

If you wish to reserve a coin please e-mail me at wisconsin_robin@yahoo.com with the following information:

1. Full Name

2. UserID

3. E-Mail Address

4. Paypal Address

5. Requested Metals and Quantity

Thanks for your interest in my personal geocoin! - Robin

One question. Will the mini-egg coin have the same tracking number as the WI shaped coin or will it be different?

The mico eggs will have different tracking numbers than the regular coins, but the coins will share an icon. I have had a delay in ordering (my issues, not anything else) so I don't expect the coins until the end of July. As stated before reservations will not be billed until I have notice that the coins are on their way to me - so I am not holding anyones money hostage :rolleyes: .

Reservations are still open and there are just a few of the whole sets left if you are intersted in the LE copper/glitter coins. Thanks for your interest in my personal coin! - Robin

Edited by WI_Robin

We posted on this thread yesterday and noticed it is not on here today.

Sent email to Wisconsin_Robin about wanting a set of her coin when it comes out, but no responce back yet. Hmmmm.......not sure on what happened. Is there any of the two metals available yet? If so we like to purchase one of each please.

What a beaty of a coin we must add. Nice that someone came up with a coin representing our state bird.

We love the coin.

Barry and Val of sweetlife

As stated before reservations will not be billed until I have notice that the coins are on their way to me - so I am not holding anyones money hostage :P .

I wish everyone who does pre-orders would do it this way.

Is there a way to verify that I am on your list as having reserved something? I have a bad memory and I don't remember what I asked for. They all look awesome, by the way.

--Marky

As stated before reservations will not be billed until I have notice that the coins are on their way to me - so I am not holding anyones money hostage :P .

I wish everyone who does pre-orders would do it this way.

Me too.

With regard to the set someone posted receiving, I believe they said that it was a sample set forums contest prize. I don't think Robin has received her coins yet and I know she hasn't sent out invoices yet either.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Sorry for leaving you all hanging. I am in the process of moving and it really sucks!! The coins are at the factory. I will have more details tomorrow. I have not sent out any invoices and will e-mail everyone who I have reservations for more details by the end of the week. Last chance for reservations - these coins will not be re-minted, ever :surprise: !!

Life has gotten a little more challenging for me since I started this coin project. Nothing life shattering, just a lot of little bumps in the road. To help me out, The Caching Place said they will sell the coins for me (even though they no-longer re-sell personal coins).

Provisions have been made so that everyone who has reserved coins with me will have the first opportunity to purchase what they have reserved. I will send an e-mail to everyone who I currently have a reservation from. If you do not hear from me by e-mail in the next 24 hours and think you have made a reservation for coins please get in touch with me. If you made a reservation and get a confirmation e-mail you do not need to do anything for now except wait for a few more weeks.

Since this has gotten to be a pretty complicated project I will not be taking any more reservations for single coin sets. If you have already reserved a single coin set you will get a chance to purchase it. I do have a few of the complete 6 coin sets available and will take reservations for those sets. Pricing for the complete set (6 coins) $43.50 + $2.84 US 1st class shipping + our $2 handling fee (per order)/ $43.50 + $8.80 1st class international shipping + $2 handling fee (per order) . People who have reserved the complete sets will be invoiced once the coins have been received and inspected - probably the 1st week in September.

The remaining RE sets will go on sale at The Caching Place once we have the coins in hand (around the 1st week of Sept) and the price for those will be $14.50/set. These can be purchased through the shopping cart with a choice of shipping options.

I appreciate everyone's patience in what has gotten to be a long wait. This wait is in no part The Caching Places fault. The fault is totally mine - due to a change in my financial situation and having a strong desire not to do a pre-sale.

Thanks for your interest in my personal geocoin. - Robin

Thanks for the info on where things stand, email confirmation of reservation received, now just waiting for an invoice to pay and some birds to fly home to me! :)

Will the invoice be from you or from TCP?

For people who reserved the full set, the invoice will come from The Caching Place.

Thanks for the info on where things stand, email confirmation of reservation received, now just waiting for an invoice to pay and some birds to fly home to me! :)

For people who reserved the full set, the invoice will come from The Caching Place.

THe first week of September once the coins are shipping from the mint?

THe first week of September once the coins are shipping from the mint?

Yes. :)

Update from The Caching Place:

"The expected date for completion is the 7th - with that being a Friday it may or may not ship until Monday the 10th. To be safe I think we should plan on the 13th for us to begin the sale. That way we have the coins in "hand" and can inspect them etc. I would rather push it out just a bit than to have to go back and change. If you plan to send us your orders by the 10th then we'll have them and can begin invoicing folks just the minute we get the coins."

I do still have a few of the complete sets left. These will not be offered through The Caching Place. If you are interested in puchasing a complete set please send me an e-mail. People who have reserved the complete sets will receive an invoice from The Caching Place, but I am taking the reservations since I started it. People who have reservations for single coins will have an opportunity to purchase thier reserved coins prior to the main sale, but I am not taking any reservations for single coins.

If you have coins reserved and would like a less expensive international shipping option please contact me ASAP and we will work something out. Thanks - Robin

Update from The Caching Place:

"The factory emailed my Monday update....shows the shipping date for your coins on the 12th...

Looks like we'll have them in hand by the 14th and can start sending the invoices on the 15th. I will let you know if they can move this date up at all, but I am not expecting it."

I do still have a few of the complete sets left. These will not be offered through The Caching Place sales page and are the only way to get the LE copper/glitter coins. The complete sets include an Antique Silver pair, and Antique gold pair and a LE Copper/glitter pair (only 50 minted). These complete 6 coin sets sell for $43.50 and will be invoiced from The Caching Place. I will be taking reservations for the complete sets until September 10th, or until they are gone which ever comes first. If you are interested in puchasing a complete set please send me an e-mail. People who have reserved the complete sets will receive an invoice from The Caching Place, but I am taking the reservations since I started it. People who have reservations for single coins will have an opportunity to purchase thier reserved coins prior to the main sale, but I am not taking any reservations for single coins.

If you have coins reserved and would like a less expensive international shipping option please contact me ASAP and we will work something out. Thanks - Robin

Edited by WI_Robin