WI_Robin personal geocoin

WI_Robin

I got pictures of some of the second set of samples for my personal coins. I am so excited about them I have to share!!! Many thanks to Georgia and Sharon at The Caching Place for all work they put into getting this "just right" for me. It took a few rounds with the mint and a second set of samples, but thanks to them I finally got what I was looking for!! I will be taking reservations to determine how many coins will be made. The coins themself are 2", 3.5mm thick, and will come in antique gold, antique silver and copper. They are 3-D and hard translucent enamal. They will probably be paired up with some micro "Robin eggs" that will come in 3 varieties. So for your viewing pleasure, introducing the WI_Robin personal geocoin.

glitter_background.jpg

antique_reg_blue_sky.jpg

And one version of the micro "Robin egg" They are 1 1/4 inch.

(click on image to make it larger)

th_coins208.jpg

Thanks so very much Georgia and Sharon from The Caching Place!!

Edited by WI_Robin

Wow! How fortuitous. I just put out a letterbox hybrid cache series and one of the caches is called Robin. I would love to have a few of these coins and glue one into the lid of the cache container. Put me down for some please.

Edited by larry739

Thanks for all of the nice comments on my coin. I just found out that The Caching Place will no longer be directly selling personals on their website, so these will all be going out from my place :) . I think I can handle it, now that I have had a little practice. I am waiting on a final quote, because a few changes where made from the original design. I don't anticipate it being a great deal more than my first quote, so unless I am wrong in that area I will be selling the sets (1 WI shaped coin and 1 micro egg) for $14.50 plus $2.00 shipping on the first set and additional 50 cents each for any other sets. I will post pictures of all of the sets ASAP and open reservations at that time. Watch here for more details. They are of course trackable and will have an icon - the same as the robin on the micro coin.

Edited by WI_Robin

I am looking for someone who is good at designing icons. If you can design a good looking icon, submit it to me in the format required by geocaching.com and I choose to use your design I will send you an XLE set (1 regular and 1 micro egg) a copper w/glitter LE set and a full regular set (antique silver and antique gold). I am thinking a robin would be appropriate, but I am open to other options :o .

Edited by WI_Robin
I am looking for someone who is good at designing icons. If you can design a good looking icon, submit it to me in the format required by geocaching.com and I choose to use your design I will send you an XLE set (1 regular and 1 micro egg) a copper w/glitter LE set and a full regular set (antique silver and antique gold). I am thinking a robin would be appropriate, but I am open to other options :smile: .

PM Sent

Paula

I have an idea for an icon. Give me a day to put it together. :angry:

okay... how's this?

robinicon.gif

I happen to like the look of the baby birds on the coin. B)

Edited by mamid

Thanks all for the icons!! Keep them coming. I have a hectic week and this weekend I work all weekend and am hosting an event Saturday afternoon. I will make a decision on the icon on Monday.

I will be trading, check out my seeking list, or make an offer since I have not added many of the newer coins to my list yet. I will not be responding to trade offers until Monday, but I will be keeping a list - first come first serve. I will not be trading the LE's(copper/glitter - only 50 made), the only way to obtain one of these is to buy a set. I will be trading 50 sets (1 regular, 1 micro egg) of the RE's (25 each antique gold and antique silver). I will be trading XLE's (only 30 made) for rarer coins that I really want. I would prefer to trade sets- one large coin and one egg, for two coins-regular, micro, trackable, untrackable - what ever we can work out. My order goes to the mint on Monday and could take up to 4 weeks to get back to me, but probably will be done in about 3 weeks.

Thanks everyone for your comments and interest in my personal coin!!