Trackable question...

ccindyybubb

We have a TB Spa that shows 18 residents, 2 TBs and 16 coin replicas. I have no idea when they were removed, but I know they were gone when we went by there on Saturday morning. They needed to be moved along so I am glad someone picked them up, however, they haven't logged them out and we have had disappointed cachers stopping by. Should I go ahead and mark them missing?

hmmm, tricky call. I'd say wait til Thursday. The last log that might have seen the TBs was May 20th, let hope they were taking recently by a late logging cacher.

Thanks. I wrote a note stating they had been picked up, but I know some cachers don't read the logs when looking for TB's. Hopefully they will be logged soon.

Cindy

Some people grab bugs on vacation, and some people take long vacations. I'd wait at the very least 2-3 weeks. I'd also go check the physical log book and see if anyone noted taking them. If there is no note about 18 travel bugs being taken, there may be a bigger issue. Let's wait a bit and hope for the best.

One of the things I have done in the past is to email all the cachers that visited your cache since the last bug drop. If there are only 2 or 3, then it's not a lot of work. Go to their profile and send them a friendly email.

I've had some interesting emails from newbies in the last month who didn't realize the difference between grabbing and retrieving. Most are very excited to make contact with another cacher (sometimes we are major loners) and so they have fun exchanging questions and answers.

Good luck.